In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Got one

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
for the freezer [:D] 3 point, 22 yards quartering away, mathews fx shooting goldtip toped with 3 blade rage.
went about 50 yards

116_7382-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Shot a buck last night nothing to write home about Muzzleloader kill. about 120 yards. I will post some pix when I can had all I could do to get him out of the woods was alone.. still breathing heavy..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Haven't been on here much lately, but I finally got one. Now I gotta start on the doe population.[;)] I was hunting another buck on my dads property up until this past Saturday, he got hit on the highway and we found him.
    This one was on the hunt for companionship Wednesday afternoon around 2, instead he found me under a tree top trying to stay dry.

11152006004.jpg

11152006002.jpg

11152006001.jpg
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice buck, the one I saw last night wasn't as thick but just as wide...very nice buck. CONGRATS!!!
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    whats the deal with that dark spot on its antler....? nice buck tho
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cool. good shot!
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18
    whats the deal with that dark spot on its antler....? nice buck tho

That's a hole and it's full of mud from dragging it. Pretty cool I thought.
  • Options
    47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice Buck ! The hole is made by bugs or worms that get under the velvet, or so I heard .
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    great job susp
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Susp, nice deer. Question though, did you close his eyes? Very rare to see a buck or any dead deer with his eyes closed. I was just wondering. I always put the tongue back in the mouth before taking pics and try to cover any gaping wounds.

Congrats on a very nice buck.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DONDALINGER
    Hey Susp, nice deer. Question though, did you close his eyes? Very rare to see a buck or any dead deer with his eyes closed. I was just wondering. I always put the tongue back in the mouth before taking pics and try to cover any gaping wounds.

No I didn't close his eyes, when I found him he was laying with his back legs in a creek and his eyes were shut. I wasn't to worried about his tongue, but I can't see it in the pictures. While trying to drag him under a barb wire fence his belly skin got caught up, after 200 yards up hill through briars and tree tops you could say I wasn't a pleasent person so he was coming under that fence with or without his skin, didn't figure a field dressed deer was a big deal.
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very nice! Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Nice! good job man!!
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    nice one, susp!!!

9 point?

Ben
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Nice one. Cool looking rack.
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey...way to go partner. I'm a tryin' to contribute but, to no avail to date. I'm not giving up that's for sure. I should've had a 50-pointer Sunday morning but, she came too close to attempt to draw as I was ground hunting. This weekend though...
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lmbhngr
    Hey...way to go partner. I'm a tryin' to contribute but, to no avail to date. I'm not giving up that's for sure. I should've had a 50-pointer Sunday morning but, she came too close to attempt to draw as I was ground hunting. This weekend though...

I could be wrong but something sounds fishy here, 50 pt and she? [:D][;)]

Edit, I guess it could have been a shemale.
  • Options
    DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    quote:Originally posted by DONDALINGER

No I didn't close his eyes, when I found him he was laying with his back legs in a creek and his eyes were shut. I wasn't to worried about his tongue, but I can't see it in the pictures. While trying to drag him under a barb wire fence his belly skin got caught up, after 200 yards up hill through briars and tree tops you could say I wasn't a pleasent person so he was coming under that fence with or without his skin, didn't figure a field dressed deer was a big deal.

Susp, I do put the tongue back in out of preference. I don't even see the tongue in your picture. I was just wondering if you closed the eyes before taking pics. I was looking at the wound and wondered how you gutted him.

Good job.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep Ben, it's a 9.

Lmbhngr, I'll settle for a 150 pointer instead and send you some back straps through Fed ex, maybe some trail too. [;)]

Bang, nothings fishy about our team, stop picking on us! [:D][:D][;)]