In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Here's an update on my deer season!

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
Indiana's gun season opened last weekend. I passed on a few does that were being chased. One was a shooter buck (but in IN you can only shoot one buck total with all weapons) and I got to watch him chase and breed a doe for over an hour! That was cool! A buddy shot a MONSTER buck that grossed 163! I didn't hear the net but it was a good one! From all of the guys that are on my lease, all but three have taken good mature bucks over 2 1/2 y.o.a and several were bigger than mine! I think that we've had 3 that were 140 class or better. Our management it working!!!![:D] Hope everyone else is having this good of a year![;)]

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    Indiana's gun season opened last weekend. I passed on a few does that were being chased. One was a shooter buck (but in IN you can only shoot one buck total with all weapons) and I got to watch him chase and breed a doe for over an hour! That was cool! A buddy shot a MONSTER buck that grossed 163! I didn't hear the net but it was a good one! From all of the guys that are on my lease, all but three have taken good mature bucks over 2 1/2 y.o.a and several were bigger than mine! I think that we've had 3 that were 140 class or better. Our management it working!!!![:D] Hope everyone else is having this good of a year![;)]

Nope [V]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just killed 2 does today in our Nov antlerless season was done in 30 mins.[:D]
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i've killed 5 does. they have almost all been "right at dark" shots when i knew i couldn't get a buck. i've passed multiple little bucks, just hoping for the big one. but it aint' happening. oh well, does taste just fine [:D]

i'm glad your management is working for you. i'm passing all the little bucks, but the neighbor shoots them, so i guess i'm wasting my time trying to let the little ones go [:(]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311

Nope [V]

Ok that just changed![:D]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got another doe yesterday evening!!! SCORE![:D] NOW I'm done!