In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bang You Were Right.....Illinois Archery Forcast

Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
Well Bang from earlier today you're right. The current forecast for N. Illinois is 1" of rain then 1" of snow/ice then 2-4" of snow. Starting today/tonight through friday morning.[:(]
Scroll half way down
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/60506?lswe=60506&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared&from=whatwhere

Illinois Zone Forecast Here
http://iwin.nws.noaa.gov/iwin/il/zone.html

Comments

• Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well now the forecast, depending on who you listen to is anywhere from 6-17" through friday morning.[xx(][B)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Yep depending on who you listen to here, 2-4, 6-12, 4-8. I have beer at home I hope we get snowed in. I am a little concerned about the ice though, If we get that much ice and then the 20 mph winds we will definately loose power.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Yep depending on who you listen to here, 2-4, 6-12, 4-8. I have beer at home I hope we get snowed in. I am a little concerned about the ice though, If we get that much ice and then the 20 mph winds we will definately loose power.

I hear ya Bang. Last night on the way home from work I picked up a 30 pack.[:D] After all in boy scouts one thing they taught me was to "be prepared"[:p]
    Bang don't worry too much about the power being out. You can just put the beer outside in the snow to keep it cold.[^] Then you can wear your cold weather hunting clothes/boots to keep warm.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    it is 70 here today![:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl

Who asked you[:D]

Hunter I was thinkin I should get a bottle of captain on the way home and then if the power does go out I can send the wife and kids to Dads (he has fireplace) and I can stay home with my antifreeze and keep an eye on the house[:D].
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1

Hunter I was thinkin I should get a bottle of captain on the way home and then if the power does go out I can send the wife and kids to Dads (he has fireplace) and I can stay home with my antifreeze and keep an eye on the house[:D].
    Drizzle here about 60 out thats supposed to change 20,s this weekend.
    edited November -1

Yea that's the way to tell her Bang.[:D]

Sounds like a great plan Bang. You might want to send the wife&kids over to dad's as soon as you get home......just as a precaution.[:D]
    Then call your friends up and cook some venison.[:p]

The latest forecast for here is 5-8" tonight and 4-6" tomorrow morning. It's 29*F now after 60*F yesterday.[:0]It's a good thing I start my week off today at 6pm. That way I can wakeup hung over tomorrow and look out the window then call my brother and ask him when he's bringing over his snow blower to do my walk and driveway.[^]
    edited November -1
    My drive is about 600' long. I'll wait til someone comes to plow me out. I ain't shovelin'. I kind of like bein' snowed in sometimes.
    edited November -1
    My drive is about 600' long. I'll wait til someone comes to plow me out. I ain't shovelin'. I kind of like bein' snowed in sometimes.

Only 600' you wuss[:D] Just think how good of shape you'll be in after shoveling it.LMAO
    Damn how much land do you live on?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag

Only 600' you wuss[:D] Just think how good of shape you'll be in after shoveling it.LMAO
    Damn how much land do you live on?

10 acres. Its longer than it is wide. Maybe it was 300'...I'm not real sure now. I'm thinkin the power company said they would go 600' from the road but I may be wrong. either way I ain't shovelin' it.
    I mention the power company cause My drive runs along the power poles.
    edited November -1
    I think either way we're both screwed with this storm. As well as the other Illinois folk here. Let's just hope it's not like a few years ago when we got 4 storms in december a week a part with like 30" total.[xx(]
    edited November -1
    I say bring it on! I could use some time off[:D]. Oh I guess I have only worked like 16 days this month if that.[:D][:D]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I got 2 words for ya chick[:D]

OK maybe 3 KMA[:D]
    edited November -1
    I say bring it on! I could use some time off[:D]. Oh I guess I have only worked like 16 days this month if that.[:D][:D]

I only worked 12.[:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

I got 2 words for ya chick[:D]

OK maybe 3 KMA[:D]
    hey uglyboy wasssss--up
    edited November -1
    Weather people smell bad, it just now started snowing, now they are saying maybe 2-3"[:(!]. I was hopein to wake up and be snowed in.
    edited November -1
    Weather people smell bad, it just now started snowing, now they are saying maybe 2-3"[:(!]. I was hopein to wake up and be snowed in.
    I heard chiago got 12" last night...[?]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

same here, and it just started snowing, they said yesterday evening/afternoon, 2-4 and then 1-3 and we won't get anything now. Its so windy all the snow will be in small pills.
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    to damn cold for me
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ladyhunter
    to damn cold for me

Ya sissy girl[:D]
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i will admit it i am a sissy when it comes to cold weather if it gets below 30 i am staying at home
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

I'm 45 miles west of chicago, and we got 10". It was the wet heavy snow. Busted my nads shoveling the ship. It's been near 0*F at night since then with a high of 15*F yesterday.[xx(] Now the ships hard as granite.[:(!] Just in case your wondering, no I haven't been deer hunting.[:(]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

I'm 45 miles west of chicago, and we got 10". It was the wet heavy snow. Busted my nads shoveling the ship. It's been near 0*F at night since then with a high of 15*F yesterday.[xx(] Now the ships hard as granite.[:(!] Just in case your wondering, no I haven't been deer hunting.[:(]

9 here this morning. supposed to be in the mid to upper 30s this weekend though.
    edited November -1
    Keep those Jewels warm BRO[;)]
    edited November -1
    I'll probably be goose hunting this week. It's much warmer under ground no wind either.
    edited November -1
    I'll probably be goose hunting this week. It's much warmer under ground no wind either.

I'll be in a tree.[:D]