In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Theft

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
Someone broke into my truck last night, well they opened the doors and took some stuff. [:D] I lost three knives, some cash from the ash tray (like $10 I think) and a box of 44 shells and some 22 shells. I asked the sheriff what I could have if I would of happened to caught them in the act. Let my dog loose on them? Oh no, you may get in trouble. Hold them at gun point? BIG no no, definately get you in trouble. I said so I could do nothing really other than call you and wait for 30 minutes of so before you got here, he sorta laughed and said yep.
1 good thing, they never found my wife digital camera stuffed down in the back seat. She woulda killed me, I forgot it was even in there. [:D]
I think that's BS, you can't protect your own property with force, but they can do whatever they want to your stuff. I guess I'm lucky they didn't get in my building or take any saws, blowers, weed eaters etc.. My garage door opener was on my visor in the truck, might have been better if they'd decided to come in for a visit, then again maybe not. Sheriff said it's all good to go if they're inside the house.

Comments

• Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear about that,
    I'd give a good bet that if ya did catch him in the act and put a REAL-GOOD hurtin onto his ahzss, I mean the kind that would make a lasting impression on him,{after the beating,strip him down except for his boots and drive him waaaay out into the boonies and then walk him waaaay out into the swamp and then take his boots last and leave his naked-ahssz to find his way out bare-foot} Then he might think about changing his career[B)] You would'nt need to get the "Law" involved![;)]Just a few buddies maybe to keep him from gettin away!
  • Options
    FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should've called Slash.....[8D]
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    move to my city! guy was going around our neighborhood last week asking for money. I know of 4 houses that he was met with a gun pointed at his head.(Ours included) Now he was knocking on doors between 11 pm to 3am. Our assist. chief (a man named Sue! real name too) told the guy he was lucky to be alive and that he needed to "move on" before he was shot.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DIRTYRAT
    Sorry to hear about that,
    I'd give a good bet that if ya did catch him in the act and put a REAL-GOOD hurtin onto his ahzss, I mean the kind that would make a lasting impression on him,{after the beating,strip him down except for his boots and drive him waaaay out into the boonies and then walk him waaaay out into the swamp and then take his boots last and leave his naked-ahssz to find his way out bare-foot} Then he might think about changing his career[B)] You would'nt need to get the "Law" involved![;)]Just a few buddies maybe to keep him from gettin away!

Strip him down would probably be enough right now since it's 21F outside my basement window. Not sure I want anyone seeing me driving out into the boonies with a half naked man in my truck either, got to keep a good reputation if you know what I mean. [;)]
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension

Strip him down would probably be enough right now since it's 21F outside my basement window. Not sure I want anyone seeing me driving out into the boonies with a half naked man in my truck either, got to keep a good reputation if you know what I mean. [;)]

Have to say that mental image got me laughing!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension

Have to say that mental image got me laughing!

When I read dirtyrats post the first thing i thought was "man I'd be laughed out of town if I got me a naked man in my truck" or I'd get myself beat up real bad too. [:D]
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:FANNIN Posted - 12/04/2006 : 5:43:08 PM
    You should've called Slash.....

[:D][:D][:D] SLASH TO THE RESCUE!!!! HOT PURSUIT!!!![;)]

Ah crap! You made me drop my doughnut![}:)][:(!][}:)][:o)][:D]

Off the record here[;)] In my area, you might hold them at gun-point until the police arrived but be ready for the cops to freak a little when they arrive. Let the operator on the phone know that you have a LEGAL gun and holding the suspects at gun point. Any citizen can make an arrest but you would be bound by the same "rules" of deadly force that any officer are held by.

***the MAIN question you need to ask yourself is: is it worth shooting this T U R D for stealing 3 knives, $10, and some ammo? If you can answer that it's worth someone dieing for, then you should be ok. Sure you're pi&&ed off and the scrot-bag needs to be taught a lesson but is THIS case worth the legal hell you'd go through?*** I feel for your loss and it sucks for sure, but someone will catch up to them someday and just maybe it will be when "Bubba" wants this P O S to drop the soap while in the shower of a very nice State operated "resort!"[:D][:p]
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Sus...
    I talked to one of my law enforcement buddies and told him what the deputy told you about holding the thieves at gunpoint had you caught them. Just as I suspected, he is full of horse dung. Absolutely you can hold them at gunpoint till the calvary gets there. He did say it could be a little spooky at first when they roll up with a guy pointing a gun at another but, it is well within your right to protect your property. And in the event that you did have them at gunpoint, make sure to have the 911 caller advise the dispatcher that the perps are being held at gunpoint. Put the deputy in your shoes, badge or no badge, and see what he would have done if he had caught the basturds.
  • Options
    KaosKaos Member Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dress up in black or what ever suits you, wear a face mask. Sneak up to the BG and give him a good beating a really good beating while saying breaking into my F'ing neighbors car this is what you get etc. Then run away.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    It Just plain sucks[V] Why cant they just get a Job[?]