In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Post Season

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I haven't had much luck this season, the buck I was hunting is now dead, I haven't seen any other bucks except a small 4 point and I really want to get one. Bow season is back in here in ohio until the 16-17 they bring back gun season for two days...so for this post-rut what should I be hunting, and how should I be hunting. I know after the first day of gun I didn't see any bucks. So how do I get them in bow range? Any thoughts???[?]

Comments

• Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Find the food. Hunt there. Thats where the does will be, hence.....the horney bucks will follow.
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I've seen a lot of movement out in the corn fields around here. I'm guessin the cold has them lookin for food.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    yep food. After the gun season you should pay closer attention to visual concealment. The deer will start to conglomerate in larger herds, and there will be many more eyes looking for you when you do see deer.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Where I hunt the only natural food they get is like acorns, and few apple trees. So most of it is gone now, and wit the first snow happening today the field of grass is losing its potential so do I still try to find food sources ?
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    With the cold front we got going through now and the snow today definately hunt a food source area. 50 lbs bag of shelled corn is $4 something, there's your new food source.
    As I was putting on drives for my family Saturday I noticed a lot of really fresh scraps, seems early to me though. I've always felt the so called second rut pops in the end of December or first of January. I would concentrat more on food this week than anything else and hunt afternoon evening hours since they are so spooked from the shoot-r-all season last week. [;)]

Did Crosshair and S.Gun do any good?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nah, we have seen all the bucks in oct-nov, none this winter [:(]