In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

will shortening my draw mean i need shorter arrows

danthemandantheman Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
I am going to shorten my draw by 1/2- 1 inch this season. I just started bowhunting and felt that my draw was a little too long? Does this mean I will need new arrows if i shorten my draw length?

Comments

• Options
    sealyonsealyon Member Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As long as your arrows were cut to proper length to begin with, the extra 1/2 to 1" is acceptable. If your bow is out of tune or the spine weight of your arrows too light, it will really show up with the extra arrow hanging in front of the rest. Weak rest problem can be magnified also.Suggestion
    After changing your draw length have a few of your arrows shortened. ( Very easy and cheap to have done)After shooting these enough to know your comfortable with the new draw length, you can have the rest of your arrows done.
    Some info you may already have..Shortening your draw length will lower the draw weight so if you want to shoot the same weight you'll need to turn the draw weight up...Second..Shooting an arrow that is too long slows your arrowspeed and you gain nothing with the extra arrow length accept extra arrow weight. Good luck and have fun!

God put stupid people on earth just to test me