In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

draw weight of horton hunter supreme crossbow?

9MMBERETTA929MMBERETTA92 Member Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
I'm looking at a used Horton Hunter Supreme crossbow. The woman who's selling it doesn't know anything about it because it used to be her husbands and he passed away. This will be my first time with a crossbow ( I hunt with a compound bow ) and I was trying to determine the draw weight. I had a heck of a time trying to cock it. Can anyone out there help me out? I checked all of my catalogs, but Horton doesn't make this model anymore. The price she's asking seems pretty good ( crossbow w/ 4 arrows, quiver, pin sights, peep sight, Horton 4x32 mult-a-range scope and the weaver base and rings for $300.00 ) So, am I just getting weak in my old age or is this thing have a 175-200 lb. draw?

Bubba " There is no such thing as having too many guns!"

Comments

• Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dad bought an older Horton. what model I don't know, but if i'm not mistaken his has a draw weight of 165 lbs. Everyone i've seen has been at least 175lb draw.