In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hoyt or Mathews bows?

Stormtrooper 13Stormtrooper 13 Member Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
Looking at getting a new bow. What do you think [?]

qman_lr_105t.jpg

Only the strong shall survive !!!

Comments

• Options
    excaliburexcalibur Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have shot both mathews and Hoyt. I would find your best deal on either bow and just go with it. both are over priced..I am shooting a Martin Septer 2 and I love the bow.. I am a dealer for all three and would rather have the Martin Jaguar the best bang for the buck..Shoots great quite and real accurate..just a little input..

Excalibur
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    excaliber can you email me some hoyt bow prices or put them on here Im shopping right now for a new bow but i wont be getting it till the summmer and i want to scout around now

I yearn for the simpiler times when a man could crawl out of his cave , club a woman over the head and drag her back "
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Reflex and it has been a great bow for me. Another selling point is you won't go broke. Cabelas and Bass Pro both sell them. Taco
  • Options
    6MMX2846MMX284 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HOYT is what I shoot, I have had both and like the hoyt best, the ultratec is what I currently have and shoot. It is truly one amazing piece of machinery, you will not be sorry...I have always spent more on quality and it pays off, if I had to do it all over again, I would do it with a HOYT. Just my 2 cents...good luck!

In God We Trust...All Others Cash!
  • Options
    marinerahmarinerah Member Posts: 99 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    matthews fan here!!

"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered, we lucky few, we band of brothers, for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." Henry V
  • Options
    Stormtrooper 13Stormtrooper 13 Member Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Come on guy's that's all the info I get to go on?

qman_lr_105t.jpg

Only the strong shall survive !!!
  • Options
    AutonjAutonj Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have shot a Matthew Vapor 3D for years and switched over to Matthews LX, used other bows over the years mostly Bear and Hoyt. Both are fine companies and bows but I will never look back after picking up a Matthew. I converted my brother also a Hoyt fan for years. I agree they are overpriced but the quality and workmanship are the best bow you could carry.

Alaska Bush Man
    North Pole, Alaska
  • Options
    excaliburexcalibur Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey storm, Why a new bow? what is wrong with the one you have? Go to your local pro shop and feel the bow in your hands, the rest will follow. Most all of the bows now are good. Get what you can afford and you will be a happy hunter. Good luck in your quest for the perfect bow, and remember the straight shooter always has meat on the table..