In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Back to hunting....

thebearthebear Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
I Can't wait to get back to some good old Ohio hunting. We are from NE Ohio and ahve been moving around for the past 9 years in the Army. I have not bow hunted since I killed a bear in Alaska in 97. We have been Living in El Paso Tx going on 4 years now. Nothing against Tx hunting but sitting in blind by a corn feeder is not my idea of hunting. We should be moving back to Ohio in the summer the Columbus area. If anyone can give me an idea what the deer hunting there is like that would be nice.

Comments

• Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Here in S.E.Ohio we have more Deer than ever,but we also have many more Deer Hunters.I think our Deer on an average are harvested at a younger age and therefor it seems as though we don't see as many Wall-Hanger Bucks.

If you would enjoy Turkey Hunting we now have a very large number of Turkeys.10 to 25 seen in a flock is not un-common.

I have a flock of 9 Toms about 2 miles from here that have been seen many times in the last 6 months.

If you would also like to try hunting the Wiley Coyote we have had an exceptionally large increase in their population.

I am confused at times.

We park on driveways,

and drive on parkways.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Well the population has definately increased since you have hunted Ohio. I feel nutrition is better, hunter ethics have increased in a way that more people are allowing smaller bucks to mature. I feel you will be very surprised at the number and quality of animals you see once you get back to hunting in Ohio.

Where there more specific questions you had?

Not sure what area you plan to hunt, but Muskingum county has been producing good numbers overall and trophy's....

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent