In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Oneida bow help

10mm10mm Member Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
Hi. I've never posted on this forum before. I'm usually over on general discussion, but I have a question I think those that frequent this forum will be better able to answer.
On ebay, a person is auctioning an Oneida Screaming Eagle bow with sight, quiver and what looks like about 3 dozen arrows for about $75.00. Near as I can tell from the Oneida web site, this bow was made around 1989. what I'd like is your learned opinions on this bow and any additional info you could give me, like does it have wood/glass laminated limbs, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• excaliburexcalibur Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Oneida bow is a good bow that needs attention every not and then.. they have a timing system on them that travels through the riser (handle). They are a fast bow and I know alot of people have killed deer with the Oneida. As for the price? Your getting the bow for nothing, your just paying for the arrows.. Good luck with the deal on ebay and if you need any more info give a hollar..

excalibur..

Shoot straight and your table will be full...
  • 10mm10mm Member Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Excalibur. That bow ended up selling for over $200.00, more that I was willing to pay for a 14 year old bow.

Some people are still alive only because it's illegal to kill them.

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.
  • ohioghogohioghog Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i cant believe it sold for 200.00. someone got ripped. the s.e model with that age on it is now a 50-75 $ bow max. the advancements that have been made since '89 on the bow have been numerous. i know because i shot them exclusively for 8 years. the are very finiky bows. once adjusted properly they are fine. very fast and quiet. i almost shot my knee-cap off on a vertical shot. those of you who are familiar with this bow know what i mean. you need to think ahead with every shot.
  • excaliburexcalibur Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one of them come to my shop with the string limp and if you would have bumped it I think it would have exploded..lol really a true story..