In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Deer hunting in Manitoba

sharkman69sharkman69 Member Posts: 856 ✭✭✭✭
For the third straight year, I have not seen a buck while deer hunting here in Michigan. I've been thinking about going deer hunting up in Manitoba, Canada next year. I've been on four Canadian hunting trips in the last five years, and came home with either a bear or a moose every time, so I'm thinking That going to Canada seems to be the charm for me. Anybody have any experience deer hunting up in Manitoba, or any of the other provinces? Good or bad, I'd love to hear it before I make any final decisions.

Comments

• Options
    MaCTMaCT Member Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live in Grande Prairie Alberta {5 hrs north of Edmonton} so if your interested in this area drop me a line, if not there are many good sites on the web that offer some incredible hunts in Canada { I find them to be a tad expensive but then most probably are}. If you go without a guide it cuts down on the cost considerably, guess it just depends what your looking for.

Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -General George Patton
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MaCT
    I live in Grande Prairie Alberta {5 hrs north of Edmonton} so if your interested in this area drop me a line, if not there are many good sites on the web that offer some incredible hunts in Canada { I find them to be a tad expensive but then most probably are}. If you go without a guide it cuts down on the cost considerably, guess it just depends what your looking for.

-General George Patton

I always go with a guide in places I've never been before, because I like to come back with an animal, as well as just plain come back. I know Alberta has some excellent hunting. In fact, I'll probably go there some day for a bighorn sheep hunt, since I don't want to enter drawings for a hunting license year after year in the states.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sharkman69
    quote:Originally posted by MaCT

-General George Patton

I always go with a guide in places I've never been before, because I like to come back with an animal, as well as just plain come back. I know Alberta has some excellent hunting. In fact, I'll probably go there some day for a bighorn sheep hunt, since I don't want to enter drawings for a hunting license year after year in the states.

Ooops, sorry, hit the wrong key before I finished. Anyways, I have a friend who lives in Winnipeg, and her father is an avid deer hunter, so I'm getting some info from him about places in Manitoba. I'm also going to talk with a few outfitters at the hunting shows this February and March.

So, do you know any good deer hunting guides near you that don't charge an arm and/or a leg? I'm gathering as much information as I can now, so I don't have to rush into anything. Your help is greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Testing..

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    Testing..

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"

Congratulations, you passed the test. You are now at the head of the class.