In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

drop away rests

gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, need some information here regarding drop away rests on my bow. I do not have one currently and am very interested in converting. I was wondering a lot of things such as brand preference, pros/cons, and anything else you can give me about them.
Thanks!

Dave

Comments

• Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with drop away rests good bad pros cons?
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I have the trap door, inertia activated fall away. I didn't want all those cables/lanyards that go along with the mechanical fall away rests, but I have heard they work fine too. I am however going to switch to a whisker biscuit type rest, ummm... golden key futura is coming out with a new one that they say eliminates all the problems associated with the biscuit, so I will wait and see what they offer. It's supposed to come out this year sometime. If I don't like their "upgrades", Ill go with a biscuit. The reason I am switching is I spot and stalk in canyons/ bluffs and sometimes relatively out in the open using only small hills as cover. I am sick and tired of the wind blowing my arrow off the rest when it's go time.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote, the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.