In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need experienced help

applejack101applejack101 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I have had to have rotator cup surgery 2 years ago. I found I could not pull my Bow anylonger. I have bought a Crossbow now and Im starting to set it up. My question is, What grain Broadheads work best? I have XX75 arrows. And for those that have fooled around with broadheads, Which type works best at 300 fps ? Thanks

Tom Smith

Comments

• Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dad shoots a crossbow and he uses 100 gr Thunderheads. I also have a freind that shoots 125 gr so really other than personal preference, it would be best to talk to your bow shop and see what they suggest you shoot through your bow.

Only the strong survive!!!!!
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Tom
    In my opinion the main thing to do is always pratice with the same weight field tips as you'll be shooting in broad heads. I would suggest a broad head anywhere from 115 to 125, it's hard to say for sure until you shoot. Is there any indoor ranges around you, maybe go there and try out some varieties to see which work the best for you. Might get exspensive buying 3 or 4 different broad heads.
    good luck.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent