In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Best Carbon Arrow Shafts for hunting?

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
Well, it's time to buy my first dozen arrows for my first bow. Who makes the best arrow shafts for hunting? I'm not afraid to spend good money to get a good product.

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    http://www.beman.com/

They only carbon ones I have are Beman, but I still use aluminum though.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks. Fortunately the local archery shop carries Beman arrows exclusively. I have some Turbo Nocks on order. I'll be heading down to the archery shop as soon as the Turbo Nocks arrive.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I expect you'll be happy with their performance. May I ask why you are using carbon arrows? Don't get me wrong, they are superior to aluminum as far as flight goes. I guess my main thing is cost, I go through a good many arrows every year between hunting and practice so if I can buy a dozen aluminum compared to 6 carbon...well [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dollar for dollar gold tips are the best they are the straightest for the money.