In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bow Fishing

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone do this? I have been contemplating starting this as a way to give me something else to shoot. Any ideas on a bow for it? I dont plan on using my XT for this.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hi, I was watching a show about bow fishing and it seemed kinda neat. My uncle lives in michigan and his friend and him fish together and sometimes do this. I would like to know what are the basics you would need to know and what the price range of the equipment is. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do any of you guys use homemade equipment? If not, what do you recommend as far as factory stuff? When fishing in weeds and doing alot of walking along banks here in Ohio, I'm tired of using the old factory stuff.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello

What do you think about it
    Does any one practice it???

Can you send me some pictures
    michael.artmueller@gmx.net
  • Options
    excaliburexcalibur Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a older recurve bow and a bear bow fishing kit I think that the kit was around 25 dollars. it is so simple. you can spend more but the fun is the same.. good luck and dont cross stack to many fish..lol

excalibur
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Now, could I buy the same package from bear and fix it up to my crossbow?
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I have no idea what kind of bow and fishing kit I have, I think I found it at a garage sale or something. I do know it was cheap. [:)] I have a blast going out to the backwaters and shooting carp. You'll like it if you try it.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tons of fun!!!! I've even seen guy's use old aluminum arrows that they rigged themselves.

Thanks, Grizztribefans@sssnet.com
  • Options
    NebraskabowhunterNebraskabowhunter Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't bowfished yet but I did check out there kits the other day at the archery shop and I think they were only around $30 or so. Might have to give it a try, my folks have a 10 acre sandpit that's stocked with fish and the carp spawn in the shallows.