In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Crossbows in P.A.?

crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
I have heard of some changes in the laws in PA about crossbows. They didn't come out and say they were going to allow them but it sounded in a way that they are possibly thinking of it. What do you PA boys think of it though if they allow it.[;)]

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!

Comments

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    During rifle season, yes.
    During archery, no.
    I think the way it is now, you are allowed to use them during rifle.
    I live in a special regulation area, and not only are you allowed to use crossbow during the rifle(shotgun) season, a fifty yard safety zone is required, as opposed to the 150 yard requirement when using a shotgun. I think it is great, and fits my personal situation perfectly. I can hunt my property during bow season(50 yard requirement), and now I can hunt the rifle season with a crossbow(50 yard requirement). Now all I have to do is get a crossbow.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Today is the day the game commision votes for final approval on this. Tuesday April 20.

muss
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Final approval on what, Using them at any time during archery season?

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!
  • mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They had the final meeting to vote on using them during firearms season, and special zones around philly and pittsburg. I read an article in the paper about it.

muss
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I THINK the meeting deal with allowing crossbows during ANY firearms season. This would mean that crossbows can be used during muzzleloader seasons, which overlap bowhunting seasons.
    Check out www.huntingpa.com . I am sure you can get the full scoop there.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    This is good info, if anyone finds out what happened at the vote let us know.

125_button_kerry_nodeal.gif