In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hoyt Pro Force Extreme

MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
I have an possibility to buy an used Hoyt Pro Force Extreme, and was wondering if anyone's got any hands-on knowledge of the bow? The bows got 60-70# draw weight. Would this bow be good for hunting? Is it noisy? How forgiving is it, I have a lot of recurve and longbow experience, but not so much compound use. I thank you in advance.

-John

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Martes
    I have an possibility to buy an used Hoyt Pro Force Extreme, and was wondering if anyone's got any hands-on knowledge of the bow? The bows got 60-70# draw weight. Would this bow be good for hunting? Is it noisy? How forgiving is it, I have a lot of recurve and longbow experience, but not so much compound use. I thank you in advance.

-John
    John how old is the bow is my first question my second would be what is the draw lenth that will determain if you can even shoot it aside from that look up hoyt pro force on the internet and you should be able to pick up all the pro's and con's of the bow. good luck[8D]

BUCKEY BOY
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Sure it's a hoyt? I never heard of a pro force, heard of pro elite and pro tecs from hoyt.
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it is the bow I am thinking of it was made by Hoyt in the early 90's I have never really been a big fan of them but so my opinion may be a little biased. I would stay away from it but thats just me there have been far too many inovations in the archery world since that bow was made, I would look for something a little newer so as to take advantage of these breakthroughs in archery. The new Bows are faster, lighter, quieter, and much more forgiving due to little or no valley in the anchor, and much longer brace heights. Although I am a huge Mathews fan and shooter that would be my recomendation, but the new Hoyt's are very nice as well. Good luck with your shopping.
  • MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys. Yes Gogolen, it is the bow you thinking of. I came to the same conclusion; it's a bit to old. Bought yesterday a new bow, propably not the best out there, but the price was right nad it was sweet to shoot with silent,accurate and propably fast ( couldn't time it, but it seemed fast [:I]). Bought a last year model of Golden Eagle;Raptor, it was hardly used(the guy had never been avay from his yard with it?!?[:0]) and came with just about everything. Insofar I'm happy with it, but only time will tell. Thanks again fot your answer.

-John
    Ps. don't let the Finland part fool you, I live here but am acctually british.