In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Matthews Outback Bow Case

bostonfirebostonfire Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I am looking for a hard case that will fit a Matthews Outback Bow to travel on an airplane. I have been told by the techies at Matthews that there presently is no such thing. So Iwas wondering if anyone had solved the problem using some sort of other hard case (Camera, Electric guitar, etc.) I'm a reservist being shipped overseas and would like to bring the bow along. Thanks [?]

Comments

• Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Some of those herd shell gun cases made to hold 2 or three long guns should hold a Bow nicely.

Do these Countrys that you will travel allow bows?

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    A buddy of mine shoots Mathews, he bought a oversized hard plastic case from Cabelas. It had extra room for arrows on either side of the bow plus on the lid to. He cut out the arrow holders around the bow out and put in foam. Looked factory to me[:)]
    Hope this helps you.

Thank you for serving our great country.
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try this case out I also have the outback and my friend has this case I have tried it as I was looking for a good hard case and it fits.

http://www.skb-archery-cases.com/
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bostonfire
    I am looking for a hard case that will fit a Matthews Outback Bow to travel on an airplane. I have been told by the techies at Matthews that there presently is no such thing. So Iwas wondering if anyone had solved the problem using some sort of other hard case (Camera, Electric guitar, etc.) I'm a reservist being shipped overseas and would like to bring the bow along. Thanks [?]
    [8D] YOU CAN ALSO TRY MUSICAN STORES THEY HAVE ALL KINDS OF GREAT CASES FOR INSTRUMENTS. AND NO ONE SCREWS WITH YOUR snot CAUSE EVERYBODY LIKES MUSIC AND A LOT OF FOLKS HATE HUNTERS. GUIDE IN NORTH DAKOTA GAVE ME THAT IDEA.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bostonfire
    [?][?][?]Why would you ask for advise then not bother to respond to folks suggestions. [?][?]
  • Options
    hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a High Country carbon 4 runner and pack it in a SKB double bow case. It has plenty of room for my arrows and a assory box. I have made several trips and have never had any problems with my bow when I arrived for a hunt. You can also use it for an extra clothes carrer on you return trip from hunting.

Hornet