In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I got a better deal

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=19791667

I'll let you stay at my house and drive you a half hour to hunt here for $1000 I'm not about to say you'll see a 140 class deer though cause I mostly see scrubby racked stuff in Coshocton county.
[:D][:D][:D]

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I'd take someone to Jasper County, IL for $995. I believe it still holds the record for the state's largest non-typ. If you don't see a 140 class buck, then you weren't looking close enough or watching your blind spots. I swear.[^]

Ben
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The place I bow hunt close to my home I have seen 2 140 class or better deer. Where I shotgun hunt in Southern Illinois I have seen a few alive, taken by others, and 3 taken by my dad, brother and me. Total cost of where I hunt: free[:D] We own 200 acres in Jefferson and Franklin county down south and the guy I hunt on with a bow owns 600 acres. He would kill every deer he sees when he's on his tractor, that's how much he hates them tearin up his fields. Thus he lets me hunt there free. Ben, i'll talk to this guy, i'm sure he wouldn't mind me bringin someone with me occassionaly. That's if'n ya wanna travel bout an hour or so north of you sometimes.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a good time, taco. I like to hunt different places. I like to see changes of scenery and ecosystem. What county do you hunt in up north? I'd be willing to give you a $995 discount on a Jasper county hunt in trade.[:D] Is your property down south near the lake or river bottoms? I bet that is some fine property with all of the State Land surrounding it.
    Later,
    Ben
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Sounds like a good time, taco. I like to hunt different places. I like to see changes of scenery and ecosystem. What county do you hunt in up north? I'd be willing to give you a $995 discount on a Jasper county hunt in trade.[:D] Is your property down south near the lake or river bottoms? I bet that is some fine property with all of the State Land surrounding it.
    Later,
    Ben
    [?]what do you guys know about the Rend lake area of Illinois? Thats where i am bow hunting this year. last year I hunted ewing Illinois.
    edited November -1
    Taco has land near there. It is beautiful country.

Ben
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    The place I bow hunt close to my home I have seen 2 140 class or better deer. Where I shotgun hunt in Southern Illinois I have seen a few alive, taken by others, and 3 taken by my dad, brother and me. Total cost of where I hunt: free[:D] We own 200 acres in Jefferson and Franklin county down south and the guy I hunt on with a bow owns 600 acres. He would kill every deer he sees when he's on his tractor, that's how much he hates them tearin up his fields. Thus he lets me hunt there free. Ben, i'll talk to this guy, i'm sure he wouldn't mind me bringin someone with me occassionaly. That's if'n ya wanna travel bout an hour or so north of you sometimes.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
    [?] Hey, Taco what can you tell me about the Rend lake area? Dont think it's too far from where I hunted last year in Ewing. Do you the crack head. Brad Scroggins. From Rut& Rubs lodge WE call it The ROB & RUN LODGE bagged a real nice buck but it turned into a self hunt guides were kinda young did not take wind direction into account?? DUH The woods and country out thre is absolutly beautiful. maybe you can hook me up next year and we can discuss$$$. [:p] OH NO! SUSPENSION"S EYES JUST GOT WIDE HE SAW.$$$ BE nice if we all could hook up for a week and hunt together.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Just for that comment I do believe I would charge you more buckeyboy!! [^][^][:p][;)]

I've never hunted in IL, drove threw it though [8D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent