In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

im getting the itch

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
Bow season doesnt start till the 15th of october and its only june 21rst and im getting the itch to hunt hellllllllllllllppppppppppppppp

And on the 3rd day god created the Remington bolt action rifle to protect the god fearing men from the evil muslims

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I did a little scouting Saturday morning. Saw a decent 6 or 8 point feeding in the hay feeding, he was kinda wide, but still had velvett all over his rack.
    Sign was kinda scarce, but we have had rain out the waazoo around here so even the deer trailers were rutted and washed out. [:0]

I picked out a couple spots I like, but I'll check them more before hanging any stands.
    Ever try sneaking up on ground hogs with you bow? I haven't but I bet it would keep you busy till October[:D][;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I was thinking the same thing with the ground hogs. I have a den of like 10 of them eating at my grandmothers garden

And on the 3rd day god created the Remington bolt action rifle to protect the god fearing men from the evil muslims
    edited November -1
    Worth a try

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In Finland we have a lot of raccoon dogs (Nyctereutes procyonides) and they're a bloody pest, but they make good training targets. They are about 25" long, 10" high and weight from 14-20#, they move quite slow; a human could run them down. The raccoon dog is not indigenous not Finland it comes from eastern Asia, and it's causing a lot of damage to bird young; mainly birds that nest near water and other game birds[:(!]. They have quite good fur and make nice trophys.[:)] Another similar pest is the mink introduced from your side of the pond. The problem is hitting a one pound mink moving at about 500 mph with an arrow, so mostly I stick to traps.
    marhund-RV.jpg
  • SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi, Martes. They're just called raccoons over here. They are considered a game animal so there's no shooting them as pests. They have learned to live quite nicely in the cities too. even right downtown Toronto, a city of 2 million, has *, skunks and squirrels. Seems like there's more small game in the cities than in the bush.
    Had an uncle who had a family of raccoons under his garage every year for eons. They'd go up and down the alley behind his house knocking every single garbage can over looking for food. Not once did they ever touch my uncle's garbage cans though. Made the neighbours crazy. My aunt would give the kits(babies) sugar cubes. They'd promptly run to the bird bath to wash the cube(they wash everything before they eat it). Naturally the sugar cube would dissolve in the water. We'd laugh like hell at the look on the wee one's faces.
  • MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sunray
    Hi, Martes. They're just called raccoons over here. They are considered a game animal so there's no shooting them as pests. They have learned to live quite nicely in the cities too. even right downtown Toronto, a city of 2 million, has *, skunks and squirrels. Seems like there's more small game in the cities than in the bush.
    Had an uncle who had a family of raccoons under his garage every year for eons. They'd go up and down the alley behind his house knocking every single garbage can over looking for food. Not once did they ever touch my uncle's garbage cans though. Made the neighbours crazy. My aunt would give the kits(babies) sugar cubes. They'd promptly run to the bird bath to wash the cube(they wash everything before they eat it). Naturally the sugar cube would dissolve in the water. We'd laugh like hell at the look on the wee one's faces.

The raccoon dog's not the same as the raccoon, though the look similar. There are no raccoons in Finland, but there are some in Denmark. The raccoon dog is not as streamlined and doesn't have the same beautiful tale as the raccoon. The raccoon is loosely related to bears whilst the raccoon dog is related to dogs.
    raccoon.jpg
    raccoon
    supikoira.jpg
    raccoon dog
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    wow that thing is ugly

"There's been streetfights, blue lights...Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest...It just showed me how much I could take...Hard times, bad luck...Sometimes, life sucks...That's all right, I'm ok...It ain't nothin' but another day..."
    -M.G-
    edited November -1
    I do believe my old hound dogs woulda ran from a * dog. Sure is different looking, I kinda like the strips though..