In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Okay tell the truth.

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
How many of you have been practicing?

Let me start, I havn't practiced since last November. But, I'm a dead eye, so practice isn't really all that necessary.[;)]

Ben

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    How many of you have been practicing?

Let me start, I havn't practiced since last November. But, I'm a dead eye, so practice isn't really all that necessary.[;)]

Ben
    [8D]I need practice to keep my arm in shape more than hitting the target, I shoot sights with a peep so kinda like a gun aim and shoot. I have been shooting but honestly only 10 to 20 shots every 3 days or so. picking up my bow tonite, had a new string and cables put on. can't wait to hunt. this time of year I get so wound up. "See glad to hear I'm not the only one in the world who dosen't need practice"[:0][:0][:D]
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been shooting quite a bit actually, me and a couple of buddy's were shooting for beer on saturday.
  • Options
    dennisjohnsondennisjohnson Member Posts: 471 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i screwed up my shoulder awhile back....hope to get with it soon.[:D]

dennis
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    I have been shooting quite a bit actually, me and a couple of buddy's were shooting for beer on saturday.
    [:D][:(!]Black Beer or Polor bear or, Grizzly beer did you get one???[;)][;)] some people say i do too much "smokey beer"[:o)]
  • Options
    MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a lot, but f*cked(can I say that?) up my shoulder playing rugby yesterday so won't be shooting for a couple of weeks[V]. Can't even pull the string back an inch[:(]. Normally I shoot about twice a week at the range and once to twice at the 3d range in the forest. I'm damn accurate, but try to kill all miss fires and such[:)]
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't picked up my bow since the last day I hunted. I usually wait til about 2 weeks before season and then shoot alot, just make sure everything is still right. Not because I need practice mind you cuz like ben and buckeyboy, i'm a deadeye too[8D].

"Oh Lord it's Hard to be Humble when yer Perfect in every way"[:D]

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Buckeyboy, the got 2 things from shooting with my friends on saturday 1. drunk for free 2. killer hangover. I have found that there is a line with drinking and archery that your accuracy actually improves, but if you cross it everything kinda goes downhill.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My Grandfather acknowledges that line of thinking, gogolen. In fact, before we go out we are all given a dose of 'arrow straight', which usually consists of some cheap bourbon and 100 proof peppermint schnapps.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I haven't shot for three weeks now. Yesterday I put my bow and target in the truck and drove to my buddies. We had the intention of shooting, but never made it there. [:D]

Does everyone drink when they practice? Hard to believe we all have that in common! Sometimes I drink and watch the garden grow, at least that's what I tell her when she asks. [^]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Buckeyboy, the got 2 things from shooting with my friends on saturday 1. drunk for free 2. killer hangover. I have found that there is a line with drinking and archery that your accuracy actually improves, but if you cross it everything kinda goes downhill.
    [:p]"Thats ok Gog" as long as ya don't hunt and drink or shoot your buddy.[}:)] Got my bow back last night took it out in the yard had string and cables replaced. first shot right there. dident even realize bow had the little rubber nock thing on the string nocked the arrow under that went so high missed the target and whipped it through my picket fence. told myself too pay attention. shot pretty good for about 10 shots and guess what [:o)][:o)] I did the same thing needless to say the rubber pinch preventer is no longer there never used it and coulden't get used to it. maybe I should drink. Iwould shoot better[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ever try a release loop? They really do work well and really extend the life of your serving.
  • Options
    hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot real hard every day from March until I left for my bear hunt in Saskatchewan May 31st. I got my bear and I have another hunt in Texas in September. I shot at least once a day while I was on my hunt, sometimes twice a day. But the rain has been so bad here in South Mississippi, I think it has rained for 3 weeks strigh. I have not been able to cut grass because it is so wet. If I shoot through one of my targets I won't be able to find my arrows because the grass is so high. That is a poor excuse but it is the only one I have. Just as soon as the yard dries up and the grass is cut the 3D targets go up, and the shooting will begin.

Hornet
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ever try a release loop? They really do work well and really extend the life of your serving.
    [8D]Yea I had a release loop before was thinking of putting one back on. think ya just pushed me over the edge. thanks[;)]
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have. Less than I have done in past years at this time of the year, but I feel confident.
    I have been shooting woodchucks in my back yard-got four so far.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by salzo
    I have been shooting woodchucks in my back yard-got four so far.

Make that FIVE [:p][:p][:)]

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Ive been trying for chucks my self. I cant seem to get um with the gun so i dont even bother with the bow, and im kind of curious to see what 00 buck shot will do to one at 15 yards

"There's been streetfights, blue lights...Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest...It just showed me how much I could take...Hard times, bad luck...Sometimes, life sucks...That's all right, I'm ok...It ain't nothin' but another day..."
    -M.G-
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Headzilla-Last year I couldnt even get one. Every time I tried to stalk one I would get busted. This year, I have been making much more use of the trees, and other obstacles. If I can get a tree between me and the chuck, I walk right up to the tree, keeping the tree between me and the chuck. If I am not close enough, I wait till he moves so that I can get to a closer tree-again, keeping the trees between me and the chuck. Basicaly, if they cant see you, you can get very close. Once I am in range(less than 25 yards), I wait for the chuck to put his head down, or face the other direction- Then I step out from behind the tree, draw, and shoot. I think it is great practice.

-Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97
    im kind of curious to see what 00 buck shot will do to one at 15 yards

It would be messy if you have a full choke. I would up it to at least "0" and no bigger than 4s.

Ben