In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Everyone's buying a new bow tomorrow

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
What kind are you gonna pick if you were buying a new bow tomorrow? [;)]
I believe I would choose that Mathews solo cam, just because of what I have seen so far in magazines. I would make the final decision after shooting one.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a Mathews outback a couple of months ago[:D] Do I have to buy another tommorow?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    I just bought a Mathews outback a couple of months ago[:D] Do I have to buy another tommorow?

YES [?] [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Mathews or a Hoyt. It'd be a hard decision.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What is there to decide? Hoyt went to the Cam and a half system which is ok I guess considering it was invented by Darton over 10 years ago, and calling it a cam and a half doesn't make any sense because there is no such thing it is still a 2 cam bow. Hoyt was making false claims about their cam and a half system never going out of time as the string stretches, I noticed that ad campaign did not stick around too long. I shoot a Mathews so I may be a little biased. I spoke with a Mathews rep and they have a new innovation lined up for their bows to be released every year for the next 7 years. So buying a bow tommorow probably not next year, well we will have to see what the people over at Mathews will be releasing [;)]
  • Options
    dennisjohnsondennisjohnson Member Posts: 471 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    mathews would be my pick.[:)]

dennis
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would buy another parker.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    edited November -1
    But which Parker, they are a nice bow my dad had one before fathers day. It shot really well for him.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd buy another Reflex in a heartbeat. Hmmm, not a bad idea, I could use a backup bow [:D]

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    But which Parker,

I really do not know. I am not up on the NEW different models. I just imagined if I lost my present bow, and I had to buy another bow, I would go with a Parker.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Which one do you have now? I think dad had a 32 ultra mag or hunter mag I don't know it was mag something though.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have the "feathermag " They no longer make them. I think they stopped making them in 2002. When I bought it, it was a step up from the "huntermag". which they still sell today. I know the bow thatyour father has is above what I have.They are much shorter. My bow is considered long, butI prefer a longer bow to a shorter one. I havent tried one(31), but I know they are considered to be close to the top of their models.

-Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gogolen-Here is a link to parker.
    www.parkerbows.com
    I just went there, and now I am not sure what your dad has. They have a model with "31" in the name, but they have another model with "mag" in the name.

-Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd get a Mathews or a Bowtech.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Martes
    I'd get a Mathews or a Bowtech.
    [;)]I have a Mathews sq2 this is my second mathews. also had a Darton Impulse and an old jennings. have shot a lot of different bows, Mathews is hard to beat. there just so damb expensive. Hey Martes,I was talking with some bow dealers the other day and they told me that Bowtech is a mathews knock-off not quite the quality of Mathews on the other hand my Brother has mathews and bowtech and he really likes them both. Has anyone seen the bows from archey research they look pretty darn nice? I'm not spending any more money till this bow stops killing deer. If it ant Broke dont fix it. Suspension is excluded from this I really think he needs to spend some money. Heard he's loaded [;)][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Salzo,
    I already have Parkers catalog for this year, Dad bought his parker like the first or second year they were in business and they don't make his model anymore. My question before was which Parker are you shooting now?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Who in the world told you that Buckeyboy? some crazy world we're in. [^]

I might make a stop at the local amish bow shop, I deal with, this weekend for some accessories. Just maybe I'll walk out with a new one, I don't want to but you know how that goes.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Amish bow shop for accessories? I thought they were against all that new fangled wheels, sights, stabilizers, and such.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Salzo,
    My question before was which Parker are you shooting now?

I shoot the FEATHERMAG.

-Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cool, how much does that weigh? They have an ultra lite now that is 2.6 lbs. I like mine to be a little heavier.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Cool, how much does that weigh? They have an ultra lite now that is 2.6 lbs. I like mine to be a little heavier.
    [:0][:0]Holy moly 2.6 lbs does it fold up? You could put it in your pocket. Man I thought mine was lite at 4.somthing. what web site is that bow on want I to see it.[?][?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I can't get parkers website to work for me but here is a link to see that bow.
    http://www.jimssports.com/ultralite_31_2003.htm

Lite weight bows are great for carrying, but are miserable to shoot after a while. All of the energy and vibration your bow exerts has to end up somewhere and without the added weight to the bow it all ends up in your elbow, which kinda hurts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Amish bow shop for accessories? I thought they were against all that new fangled wheels, sights, stabilizers, and such.

This guy has everything or can order it in. He's old and slow, but I like dealing with him. Feels more like you actually know the person rather than just being a customer at Gander mountian or something.
    He travels all over the world bow hunting, I couldn't go about counting the countless mounts he has in his store/indoor range/house. They range from musk oxin to Grizzly to Turkey from all over the place. I kinda envy him for going so many different places and hunting.

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    cabelas PL-1.5. straight limb design but more my price range. under$600 with everything.[:D]
  • Options
    ARCHERY PROARCHERY PRO Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would buy another Newberry probably the LB! with the twin cam
    www.newberrybows.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Whats a Newberry, never heard of them before. Where can you go to buy them?