In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ever play with your bow?

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
Any of you guys ever do anything out of the ordinary with your bow. By this I mean, use it for a wierd purpose such as tying a string to the arrow and to a kids loose tooth to pull it. Or maybe have a flaming or firecracker tipped arrow.

Ben

Comments

• Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You sick perv[:D] I wouldn't let no one know how I played with my bow.. Now that's out of the way, I tied an M-80 to one, it was fun because I shot it straight up in the air. KaBOOM!!! Good thing it was an old arrow[:D]

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    when i was in 6th grade I order one of rockets new broad heads out of a catalog in a givaway they had. i then being young with my little kid bow went minnow fishing in a creek by my house. all this because i read the book Hatchet by Gary Paulson

and no i didnt get any

"There's been streetfights, blue lights...Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest...It just showed me how much I could take...Hard times, bad luck...Sometimes, life sucks...That's all right, I'm ok...It ain't nothin' but another day..."
    -M.G-
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Does shooting carp count? Pull a tooth? Wow!!!

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That counts susp. I was out fishing the other night and really wished I'd had my bow or a gun or something. There were hundreds of carp spawning, not one of them would take my bait. What's your biggest carp bow kill?

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not sure on that, never weighed a carp before. I arrowed one a couple years ago that hung from the ground to above my knee. I just measured that and we'll say it was around 27 inches long, no clue on the weight though.
    I haven't went out this year, around here it's been flooded alot and the mosquitoes (spelling?) can darn near lift you up and carry you away in most backwater areas. I believe they are living on Backwoods Off and Deets cause that stuff drives them wild, they love it.[:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    I just measured that and we'll say it was around 27 inches long, no clue on the weight though.

We'll just say about 50lbs then. NICE FISH!!![:0]

Ben
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    I just measured that and we'll say it was around 27 inches long, no clue on the weight though.

We'll just say about 50lbs then. NICE FISH!!![:0]

Ben
    [:p] Did I ever Play with my Bow? Yea, does this count? I was fooling around in the basement and accidently shot the wifes dining table she has stored there. she hasen't seen it yet and I ain't tellen her. It fell on a nail. "Thats my story and I'm sticken too it!"[B)][B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I bet that made one helluva CRACK!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    50#'s, no way, it wasn't close to that. 50# is one big fish. If you make me guess I'll say 30#'s Ben.

Buckeyboy shooting in the basement....[:(] kinda disappointing Buckeyboy..hate to be you when your wife REALLY finds out what happened...[B)][;)]
    How did you "accidently" shoot your bow anyway?
    Aren't you from Jersey? I met some pretty nice ladies today that were all from New Jersey. They chartered three buses and drove to Ohio for the big Longaberger Basket town, Dresden.

• Options
    edited November -1
    50#'s, no way, it wasn't close to that. 50# is one big fish. If you make me guess I'll say 30#'s Ben.

Buckeyboy shooting in the basement....[:(] kinda disappointing Buckeyboy..hate to be you when your wife REALLY finds out what happened...[B)][;)]
    How did you "accidently" shoot your bow anyway?
    Aren't you from Jersey? I met some pretty nice ladies today that were all from New Jersey. They chartered three buses and drove to Ohio for the big Longaberger Basket town, Dresden.

No I'm from RI. Have A target in the basement I was only 10 feet away was trying to see if I could cut a little more off my arrow and woops punched the release. How did you the sound it made? CRACK!! [:0][:0]
  • Options
    MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CRACK![:D]
    you just choose font size 5 and red colour.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Martes
    CRACK![:D]
    you just choose font size 5 and red colour.
    Yea" Martes my wife is going to crack my head and all as I'm going to see is red." My blood[B)][B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    How did you [know] the sound it made?

I've been known to shoot pieces of wood before. Although, none of them were tables yet.

Ben