In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

eliminate your peep

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
http://gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=20385234

Kind of an expensive way to do it.

Have any of you tried to eliminate your peep sight for better low light capability? What are some of the techniques/tools you've tried?

Ben

Comments

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    haha Ive got that sight for my gun im tempted to duct tape it to my bow

"There's been streetfights, blue lights...Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest...It just showed me how much I could take...Hard times, bad luck...Sometimes, life sucks...That's all right, I'm ok...It ain't nothin' but another day..."
    -M.G-
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tried it, but I did not like it. I have even tried that hind sight thingy, I didn't like that either. I will stick with my peep sight.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    Tried it, but I did not like it. I have even tried that hind sight thingy, I didn't like that either. I will stick with my peep sight.
    [:D] I will also stay with my peep. Going to start trying some instinctive.I tried it b-4 the neighbors were less than thrilled I'll leave it at that.[:0][:0]
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Ohio has laws against using light emitting devices attached to bows for hunting. So I still tape a flash light to my head. [;)][:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll just strap a spotlight to my tree.
  • Options
    edited November -1

I tried that once, but it was attracting too many bugs. Maybe I need to try it in the fall sometime.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

I tried that once, but it was attracting too many bugs. Maybe I need to try it in the fall sometime.

Ben
    [}:)]Actually a mag flashlight works well. You drill out the cap end of the light and put in a bolt that screws into your stabilizer mounting hole." Not that I would ever try anything like this"[;)][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Actually a mag flashlight works well. You drill out the cap end of the light and put in a bolt that screws into your stabilizer mounting hole." Not that I would ever try anything like this"[;)][;)]

That's a cool trick. I like that. Not that I'd ever do it with deer, but it is a good idea for all kinds of night shooting.

Ben
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've seen them and know a guy that uses one, he seems to like it. Me i'll stick with my streamlight if needed, so far I haven't used it but ya never know. I drilled out my hole on my peep, it helps to some degree. I once took my peep off and practice with just a kisser button. Got to be pretty decent that way.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    actually you can buy a mount for your bow that will hold a mag flashlight as a counter weight

"There's been streetfights, blue lights...Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest...It just showed me how much I could take...Hard times, bad luck...Sometimes, life sucks...That's all right, I'm ok...It ain't nothin' but another day..."
    -M.G-
  • Options
    dennisjohnsondennisjohnson Member Posts: 471 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i just use my old pin sight. i honestly think that i can shoot pretty decent just by instinct.everybodys got to use what works for them. something like what was mentioned would be nice for those,,low light times![:)]

dennis
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I saw in sportsman guide they are selling a BSA bow sight that's a dot scope for 129.97. I'll still stick with my peep, oh and they are selling those bright lumenoks 3/26.97 on the same page.

• Options
    rtnhwobrtnhwob Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=20385234

Kind of an expensive way to do it.

Have any of you tried to eliminate your peep sight for better low light capability? What are some of the techniques/tools you've tried?

Ben

I've eliminated my peep completly....Just start with your anchor, then line the string up with the riser and hold the pin on your target. Typically your point of impact will be a little higher than with the peep. but once you get used to it, you will never go back to a peep. You anchor point (as always) is a very important focus, especially when you eliminate the peep.

Never pet a burning dog!!
  • Options
    MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the army I shot a .50 AAMG with a holographic sight, liked that but don't think I would want one on my bow. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Welcome aboard rtnhwob, hope ya stick around awhile.

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Spot lights mag lights, you guys are crazy, but funny.[:D] Reminds me of something a buddy of mine did a long time ago.
    Kevin and I decided to go to a turkey expo thing to check out all the new gadgets and stuff. While walking around we noticed a booth setup by the Ohio Game Wardens. Their booth had the entire background as one big picture. A guy leaning out a truck window aiming a rifle with a scope on it, at night, with a spot light held up behind him. Well Kevin stood there and stared at the picture for a second then said to the officers, 1-800-poacher huh, they all replied Yes with bold chests. Kevin then proceeded to tell them their picture was all messed up. They looked at him funny and he told them they will never be able to pull a cross hair on a nice buck with that dang spot light behind you. Move it up in front and you'll have yourself a night deer in the bed of your truck before the nights over. Then he causally strolled away. Them wardens stood their with the mouths hanging wide open. I couldn't help but to laugh. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Actually buckeyboy there is a company that makes a different end cap for the mag light with threads on it so you can screw it on your stabilizer they only cost about 5 bucks quick and easy not that I own a couple these or anything[:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Actually buckeyboy there is a company that makes a different end cap for the mag light with threads on it so you can screw it on your stabilizer they only cost about 5 bucks quick and easy not that I own a couple these or anything[:p]
    [}:)][}:)] Yea, I Know thse were the good old days can't afford to be doing that kina thing any more.I was young and thought i was cool. Now Just the opposite.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was young and thought i was cool. Now Just the opposite.

You're old and know you're cool?[8D]

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was young and thought i was cool. Now Just the opposite.

You're old and know you're cool?[8D]

Ben
    [:D][:D] You got it Ben. Except the old part.