In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ben!!

taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
Did ya'll get any of the storm we got Tuesday? We just got power back late last night, Well part of the town did. I've been cuttin wood since after the storm and think i've wore out my chainsaw. I think the latest report was 70 mph straight line winds we had. The whole town of Georgetown was out til last night, still about half without power. Well back to cuttin wood, i've got 3 trailors full all ready.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    YES WE DID!!! That was a nasty one, eh? I watched the temp gauge on my Jeep drop about 15 degrees in about 1 mile(I was kind of going the wrong direction). Straight line winds like crazy, insurance claims out the wazoo. Luckily no bad hail claims.

Sounds like you got it a lot worse than we did. Glad you weathered okay.

Ben
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ben, I was in your neck of the woods this past week, well close to IL, took the family to Cedar Point on vacation. On the way home we ran into the storm just south of Loueville, KY. We had to pull off the interstate for about an hour because the wind and rain was so bad. I spent the rest of the time dodging trees on I-65 all the way to Bowling Green , KY. I bet you will be busy for a while with all the clamis.

Hornet
    edited November -1
    Hi Hornet. I was wondering where you've been lately. Don't be a stranger.

Ben
    edited November -1
    Fishermenben, getting geared up for a Texas bow hunt. We still have a few slots open, would you be interested? Drop me a e-mail at my home address and I will give you the details.

Hornet
    edited November -1
    Hornet,I don't have enough vacation time to do all I want this year. I'm already taking too much. I'd really have to sell the pi$$ out of some insurance to get any more. I'm going to Arkansas in a couple of months to see my best friend and his wife's baby that's expected. Then in the beginning of Nov. I'm taking my annual 9 day deer hunting/camping/roughing it trip to southern Il. Then I got to go to florida to chase a tail that recently moved down there. I just need to win the Lottery so I won't have to worry about time anymore. When is it though? I'd like to entertain the idea. Who knows what tomorrow brings anyway.

Ben
    edited November -1
    Fishermanben, we will be hunting from September 18-22nd. We are hunting Axis, Fallow deer, hogs and you can take of couple of sheep also. We are hunting on Bar E ranch in Texas. They have a web sight if you want to look at it. My bunch goes out ther to hunt exotics with bows once a year. So if you can't go this year check with me again , we usealy make plans in December. If you have never hunted wild hogs and exotics you should give it a try, you will have a blast, not to mention all the great table fair you will bring home.

Hornet
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Ben, I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Win the lottery
    and not worry about doing this or that. My biggest problem
    is that I don't play the lottery so my chance is really
    low..[:D][;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I hit the lottery with my luck the next day i'll be struck by lightning or ran over by a truck.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
    edited November -1
    Taco, you wanna split a ticket?[;)]