In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

is this a good deal

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
2004 hoyt ultra sport, copper john sight whisker biscuit,stabalizer kit and a dozen carbon arrows for 651.50 for all is this a good deal

My old man's backhand used to land,
Hard on the side of my head.
I just learned to stay out of his way.
There's been streetfights, blue lights,
Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
It just showed me how much I could take.
Hard times, bad luck.
Sometimes, life sucks.
That's all right, I'm ok.
It ain't nothin' but another day.

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    new hoyt magnatec for 330 with some goodies from dicks sporting goods

And on the 3rd day god created the Remington bolt action rifle to protect the god fearing men from the evil muslims
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97
    2004 hoyt ultra sport, copper john sight whisker biscuit,stabalizer kit and a dozen carbon arrows for 651.50 for all is this a good deal

Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.

[?] I don't think its a ripoff but I'ts not a great deal have you looked at some of the bows on e-bay. Think you may be able to do better[;)]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Sounds high to me. I'd keep shopping.

Whatchu got going with your quote there headzilla? You some kind of inspiring poet about to break through or are cutting and pasting? No pun intended

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    suspension stole it im a cut and past theif. its a a song by montgomery gentry.

Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with these guys, i'd keep shopping around. My bow shop has about half dozen used bows that guys are sellin and they are all very well priced. There's deals out there, just gotta keep on lookin. I like the video for that song zilla, always got to like a bunch of bikers in a video[:D].

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
    edited November -1
    See shopping around is the problem. I have 3 bow stores in my area. 2 sell hoyts which is what I want. the one dealer sells packages which I feel sucked to say the least. he had the same bow mentioned above set up for 619 + tax with no arrows. but the sight on it sucked and it had no stabalizer. Ebay would be the way to go but I couldnt buy one then bring it to the guy to have him set it up Id rather speand a few extra bucks for service. the guy said he would set it all up and get it ready and help me sight it in, and hes got the cool dvd thingy to play with

Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Montgomery Gentry huh, I've heard the song but never listened
    close enough to know what they were saying. Seen they were one of the groups playing this past week down at Jamboree in the hills.

Sounds like your mind is already made up on that bow. If the guys gonna help you, you like his service, and you want the bow then you have decided it's a good deal. As long as you like the deal it's good so hurry up and go get it!!! [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97
    See shopping around is the problem. I have 3 bow stores in my area. 2 sell hoyts which is what I want. the one dealer sells packages which I feel sucked to say the least. he had the same bow mentioned above set up for 619 + tax with no arrows. but the sight on it sucked and it had no stabalizer. Ebay would be the way to go but I couldnt buy one then bring it to the guy to have him set it up Id rather speand a few extra bucks for service. the guy said he would set it all up and get it ready and help me sight it in, and hes got the cool dvd thingy to play with

Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.

I'm with Suspension even though it's not a fantastic deal like I said b-4 i'ts not a rip off either and seeing as he is committed to tuning it for you and making sure your comfortable with it. Go for it HEAD' "ya only go around one time" Good luck and congradulations on you new Hoyt may it kill many whitetail deer.[;)][;)]