In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Running low on topics???

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
We need new material, guys. How about this: What is the stupidest hunter you've ever seen and why?

Me? Last year I was deer hunting on public ground and had a turkey hunter walk in on me. He was calling fairly pathetically. Well I decided that I'd let him know that he was only about a hundred yards from me, so I whistled at him a few times and waved my arms. No response, he just kept on calling. So I started responding to his calls with my mouth. I called that moron until he was about inside 45 yards and then I went silent. He ended up slowly stalking up until he was about 15 yards from my treestand. He finally looked up and saw me, and it almost reminded me of when a deer sees you and has that "HOLY slime!" expression. His eyes locked with mine, and I saw death in his eyes. Instead of backing out and going away, he just sat down on the ground next to the closest tree. So much for being scent free, I just started calling turkeys for him, but we saw no turkeys. I introduced myself when I got down. He was a nice guy, just not too "woods smart".

Ben

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I was sitting in a tree stand around mid morning one day and noticed a guy making his way across the ridge above me. He slowly started making his way towards me in a criss/cross patern. I just sat and watched him until was about 15 or 20 yards from the base of my tree then I started whistling. It took him what seemed like 10 minutes before he finally picked me out in that tree then he walked right up to me. He didn't have a gun or anything. He proceeded to tell me he was searching for signs of BigFoot....spooky....then told me the house down the rode about a mile had bigfoot on the hill above their house a couple nights prior to that and he was throwing rocks at their house....bad bigfoot bad...I told him I never saw him come by while I was there...[;)]
    What a cracker......

Another time I had two colored men stop along the highway and walk up in the woods to hunt. I smelled them coming cause they looked like a big chimney, they were both smoking, one a pipe and the other a cigar. I asked them to leave after they walked all the way up to the top of the hill past my stand so they turned around and walked all the way back down. Didn't look like their smoking was helping their health any...[:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Down Sout it is hot during early bow season. One year I was on a lease in Alabama close to my home. There was also a farmer that leasd the land to plant crops. This worked out real well . The farmer alwasy left some of his crop for us. One day he aske if my partner and I mindes if a friend of his bow hunted a couple of days on our lease. It was fine with us because the farmer always helped up out. Now keep in mind theat it is near 95 degrees and the wood are still lush and green. My hunting partner and I were driving to the lease and both of us at the same time spotted him, bright red shirt, wihte pants sitting in a tree stand on the edge of a cotten field. We both got a good laugh because if we spotted him so easy a deer would never come with in a bow shot. Then we decided this may be a novis hunter and we should give him some advice on camo. We parked and told the young man he should be wearing some type of camo in this area. He was a nice youg man but he got highly insulted. I think he thought we were making fun of him, but we weren't. Needless to say we never saw him again.

Hornet
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let's see, a few years ago a guy shot a doe and it ran past me then laid down and closed its eyes. When the guy got to me I told him the deer wasn't dead. He proceeds to tell me i'm full of it, I respond by saying i've never see a deer die with its eyes closed. He again tells me where to get off and grabs the deer by the ear. Well, imagine his suprise when the deer kicks him in the leg, just missing his package[8D]. I then yell to step back and when he does I shoot the deer in the head. He has the gall then to be pi$$ed at me because I shot his doe (not a buck) in the head. I said, " well I guess I should have let that deer stomp a mudhole in yer *"[:D]

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    Let's see, a few years ago a guy shot a doe and it ran past me then laid down and closed its eyes. When the guy got to me I told him the deer wasn't dead. He proceeds to tell me i'm full of it, I respond by saying i've never see a deer die with its eyes closed. He again tells me where to get off and grabs the deer by the ear. Well, imagine his suprise when the deer kicks him in the leg, just missing his package[8D]. I then yell to step back and when he does I shoot the deer in the head. He has the gall then to be pi$$ed at me because I shot his doe (not a buck) in the head. I said, " well I guess I should have let that deer stomp a mudhole in yer *"[:D]

LOL...shoulda let him get stomped. I couldn't imagine a deer, but I was kicked in the mouth by a horse so I doubt it would be a hole lot different..[:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    taco, as long as you didn't tag it and drag her out, I don't see what the problem was.

Ben
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope, I never laid a hand on the deer. In fact I never got out of my stand. I think if I would have, I might have been the one doin the stompin[:D]