In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pigeon-hunting

MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
Anyone ever tried pigeon-hunting with a bow? Next week starts pigeon season and thought I might have a go at it.

Comments

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    not with a bow in america they are considered pests so we can shoot them when ever gun of choice for me is the shot gun

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not exactly our national bird either, but the meat is very tasty. Don't know if it's the same as you have there: Woodpigeon (columba palumbus). Most people hunt them with shootguns at pea-fields, but I thought it might be fun to try my bow.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Martes, I don't think they're native to America. Here there are bunches of them, and they are dirty and nasty. I would rather eat ground hog.

Ben
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    How about Dove? I hunt doves two or three times a year, just sit under some power lines and wait for them to land. [^]
    I just love dove breast with a little BBQ & whiskey mixture then grilled.
    Pigeons, I've never heard of anyone hunting them or eating them.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Susp. I have to agree dove is great, I put it right up there with deer backstrap. In fact I'm not sure which is better. Can't wait for dove season!!!!!!!