In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Outback bow story...

taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was at the bow shop yesterday when some guy wanted to try a new outback. The owner got it ready and told him to draw it to make sure the length was right. He then told the guy to be sure and keep his finger behind the release. Low and behold "POW" the guy hit tthe release. It sounded like a .22 going off inside the shop. After giving the bow a once over they decided it didn't hurt the bow. The guy goes and shoots the bow and decides he wants one. The proceeds to ask the owner if he could have a new one out of the box[:0]. Now the one he just shot was brand new, sooo[:D], the owner ask why. The guy says, "well that bow might have a hairline crack or something". When the owner told him no he got the one he shot the guy refused to buy a bow. What would ya'll have done in this situation?

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    As the buyer I would never of questioned the owner, I would have asked for the bow I had dry fired.

as the owner, I would have done something I'd regret with that * hole. I normally over react about things like that, when people are stupid and ignorant. Just like people who handle nice firearms and feel the need to dry fire them. Ever seen a winchester collector when someone dry fires a yellow boy or 1894? Wow!!! talk about fired up!

Saturday night we went out to eat with my parents. The guy at the table behind us had me all worked up because he complained about EVERYTHING, and I do mean everything. He actually yelled at the waitress because his ice melted in his glass of water. When they were about to leave he called the young waitress over and told he he wanted to explain why she wasn't going to get a tip. That did it for me. I stood up, walked directly over to him and asked the waitress if she would step aside, that guy thought I was about to mop the floor with him, looked like deer eyes in the headlights [:D]. I took his bill out of his hand, the total was $34 something so I handed the girl $6 dollars and told her that was her tip and she could go on back to the kitchen. That guy immediately stood up and walked out, he even left his wife sitting at the table looking all embarressed, which she looked like the entire time because of his loud mouth.
    Then my fiancee and mother told me I should mind my own business more. I just don't like rudeness, and anymore you see an awful lot of that.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    IMHO: If there was the possibility that the bow was damaged and could cause injury, he should not sell it to anyone. Me? If I was the owner, I would have been very angry at the situation; but, if I was confident the bow wasn't damaged, then it would not have mattered. However, either way, I would have still been pi$$ed.

Jay, Nice one. I salute you for what you did for that waitress. I think you handled the situation with restraint and tact. I am sure the waitress appreciated the gesture more than she did the moolah.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ben, the fact that she was cute really helped matters, at least for me it did..[:D][;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    In that case, smooth...very smooth.
    Ben
  • Options
    MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And because she was cute your fiancee was propably ready to tear you a new *, am I right?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, she never thought twice about the waitress being cute. She used to have a major problem with that, but anymore she doesn't seem to care. Either she came to reality, found confidence in herself, or she doesn't care anymore. Whichever it is it sure is better [:D]

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    In this neck of the woods you dry fire a bow "you own it", weather you were going to buy it or not. He should kiss the store owners butt for not wacking the the numbnut in the head. Then goofy meanie has the gaul to ask for a new one in the box. gotta give him this he's got Balls.[B)]
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    In this neck of the woods you dry fire a bow "you own it", weather you were going to buy it or not. He should kiss the store owners butt for not wacking the the numbnut in the head. Then goofy meanie has the gaul to ask for a new one in the box. gotta give him this he's got Balls.[B)]