In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SAVAGE MODEL 24

BIG EBIG E Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I own a Savage model 24. I purchased it years ago for $50.00. It's an O/U .22/410. It has a walnut stock with no checker pattern. The butt-plate is solid brass and the trigger guard extends towards the the butt of the gun ending in a scroll. It is also brass. The last feature is a brass inlayed diamond pattern on both sides of the gun. All the pictures I see of this model don't have this. Can you give me some info. on this. Thanks, BIG E

Comments

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    BigE- I see you are new here. You will get better info on the General Discussion Forum, or the Ask the expers forum.
    Goodluck./

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good one, this is the BOWhunting forum [:D]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I am no expert by any means on Savage, but I have not heard of or saw any savage model like you described with the brass in lays. Possibly a want to be gun smith starting out by tinkering with something inexspensive. Saw one of those once, had about 5 top notch collectors from the OGCA scatching their heads.

Now head on over to ask the experts and they will tell you for sure what you got. Go buy a bow to then come back to join our forum. [:D]
    good luck [:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep. While this is an archery forum, I can tell you that one has been modified. No Savage 24 ever came out of the factory with a walnut stock or brass anything. Not that what you have is bad. It's just been enhanced for who knows why.