In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

THIS SUCKED

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
DvD3.jpg

My old man's backhand used to land,
Hard on the side of my head.
I just learned to stay out of his way.
There's been streetfights, blue lights,
Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
It just showed me how much I could take.
Hard times, bad luck.
Sometimes, life sucks.
That's all right, I'm ok.
It ain't nothin' but another day.

Comments

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    yes after 2 years of trying i can post a pic

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This very thing took the life of a school teacher I had in ninth grade. Many years ago. Very serious suckage....

muss
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I stopped along a highway three or four years ago to help a man and his wife that had this happen. The man was gored (spelling?) when the buck came through the winshield. Nothing life threatening, but it looked like he was gonna need a few stiches.
    Pretty dangerous situation. I've heard of numerous people being killed in accidents similar to that.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    So let me pose the question: Do you guys use deer/animal whistles on your vehicles or not? I don't because I like to see the animals. However, they have been proven very effective at stopping animal accidents.

Ben
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That would just ruin a day. As to ben, nope never used whistles never will. My luck it would just attract deer.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • Options
    dennisjohnsondennisjohnson Member Posts: 471 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ouch! we have tons of car/deer acceidents in this area but i've never seen anything like that.as for those whistles, after the first bug lodges in then they quit working. i got an email kinda like this pic but it's a moose that's tryed walking through a tarus. if i knew how to post that moose pic i would put it on here.[;)]

dennis
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    kind of reminds me of a story a friend told me. I dont know if it is true, but it was interesting.
    He had a friend who used to drive around at night, shoot deer, and then throw the deer in the back of his car.
    One night him and his pal were doing their poaching routine, and they came upon a nice buck. They shot it, got out of the brand new suburban, and threw the deer in the back. They got in the car and started to drive, and a couple of minutes later, noticed the deers head in between the front seats. Thhey start yelling, at which point the deer starts thrashing and gouging. One of the poachers started hitting the deer in the head with the butt of his rifle. The deer finally expired, but only after ripping up the interior of the new suburban. The poachers dcided they werent going to poach anymore.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by salzo
    kind of reminds me of a story a friend told me. I dont know if it is true, but it was interesting.
    He had a friend who used to drive around at night, shoot deer, and then throw the deer in the back of his car.
    One night him and his pal were doing their poaching routine, and they came upon a nice buck. They shot it, got out of the brand new suburban, and threw the deer in the back. They got in the car and started to drive, and a couple of minutes later, noticed the deers head in between the front seats. Thhey start yelling, at which point the deer starts thrashing and gouging. One of the poachers started hitting the deer in the head with the butt of his rifle. The deer finally expired, but only after ripping up the interior of the new suburban. The poachers dcided they werent going to poach anymore.

LOL, got what they deserved huh....almost sounds like the movie Tommy Boy, I think that was the name...

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Suspension- I remember that Tommy boy scene(vaguely). I dont know if the story my friend told me is true, but I know it wasnt pinched from TOMMYBOY, because he told me the story before that movie came out.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I didn't think it was made up from that movie, just reminded me of that is all.
    I'm glad those guys got their new truck all tore up, serves them right.

A couples friends were driving down a country rode one fall coming back from turkey hunting and crested a hill and saw a truck pulled off the rode. The field the truck was in belonged to my friends uncle or something so they pulled over to see what was up. Soon as they got out BANG, rifle shot, then another, then another. they finally saw a guy kneeling next to a round bale of hay shooting at a buck in the wood line. they started to leave to call the game warden when a green pickup came flying down the rode and pulled in behind that guys truck. Here the game wardens had a decoy buck in the edge of those woods and were waiting for a poacher they had heard about in that area. That was the first time I had ever heard of anything like that. I think the paper said that guy had a like 15 or 20 deer in his freezer, how they new that if they were cut up I don't know..

• Options
    SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep. Did you get to keep it? Up here, if you hit a deer, you must report it, but you also get to keep it. I'm in South Western Ontario. Prime farming country. Corn mostly. Insurance claims for deer/vehicle hits has gone through the roof. Millions of dollars in claims. This has been going on for 10 years or more. Just now, the MNR is talking about more than one deer per licenced hunter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sunray
    Yep. Did you get to keep it? Up here, if you hit a deer, you must report it, but you also get to keep it.

Where I live, you can keep it IF IT IS A DOE. If you hit a buck, you are no9t allowed to take it. It is the property of the game commission.

-Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Snowing Blizzard Conditions like one night on the 4 lane highway I came across a very large Doe that was severely injured.Still breathing but could not move so I asked my friend if he would help me load her in the trunk after I finished her off by twisting her head around nearly 360 degrees and sitting on her folded over neck for a couple minutes.

About 10 minutes down the road I heard her kicking my car trunk like she was gonna kick her way out of there.By the time I stopped,she had expired but had destroyed all my tail light wiring that ran back the passenger side of the car.

She was good eating though.Very little meat destroyed.

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think this would suck also.

100788.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that has crazy bababooey happen to me, when I go to the city.

9623.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ben please slow down, that's taking havic on our wildlife.[;)]
    Wild photos, can't imagine that happening, a little old white
    tail would be bad enough, not to think about a moose.

• Options
    MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fuuuck!! That's a bloody snot-you-not horse!