In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Christmas gift shoots GREAT!

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just thought I pass along how well my Christmas gift shot the other day. (It's a Savage 17 HMR by the way) I got teh scope on target and was able to put 5 shots touching from a bench at about 65 yards. A dime covered all 5 shots! I love this gun!!!![:D]

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    Just thought I pass along how well my Christmas gift shot the other day. (It's a Savage 17 HMR by the way) I got teh scope on target and was able to put 5 shots touching from a bench at about 65 yards. A dime covered all 5 shots! I love this gun!!!![:D]
    Your a silly Savage[:D] good shooting
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    what scope do you have on it? i just bought a savage 17 HM2 on sunday and need a scope.....[:D][8D]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats all the better you can do? Heck Ican do that at 100 yards with mine.

OOOOOO what was I thinking you shot a hoyt[B)]
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cool gun slash. here is a picture of mine. they are fantastic little guns if you ask me. all i have killed with mine is squirrels and crows, but it unbelievably accurate.

100_1692.jpg
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like fun, can I come help?[:D]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Your a silly Savage good shooting (Did you mean "you're"[:o)]) Anywho, Yup ME A SAVAGE!!!! Now if I just had some war paint and raw meat![:D]

quote:surekill Posted - 01/03/2007 : 7:33:27 PM

OOOOOO what was I thinking you shot a hoyt

You're right, I shoot a HOYT so I figure I should be able to get five shots inside a pincle eraser at 100 yards with this thing![:o)] I know words like "smooth" "percision" and "accuracy" aren't fimiliar with folks that shoot mathews[:0][B)] but it's nuttin' new to HOYT shooters![:D] I figure I'll do better the next time out![;)]

I'll let you all figure out what parts of this post are true![:o)]

Oh, I'm a cheap bast*&^ when it comes to scopes. I got one off the shelf for about $40 at the gun shop. I actually think it's a Remington brand. The only markings are the Remington "R" on the cap. It's just a 3 x 9 with 40mm. Does great for what I need.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Your a silly Savage good shooting (Did you mean "you're"[:o)]) Anywho, Yup ME A SAVAGE!!!! Now if I just had some war paint and raw meat![:D]

You're right, I shoot a HOYT so I figure I should be able to get five shots inside a pincle eraser at 100 yards with this thing![:o)]This part not true.[B)] I know words like "smooth" "percision" and "accuracy" are
    fimiliar with folks that shoot mathews[:0][B)]This is true[:D] but it's nuttin' new to HOYT shooters![:D] I figure I'll do better the next time out![;)]

Oh, I'm a cheap bast*&^ when it comes to scopes. I got one off the shelf for about $40 at the gun shop. I actually think it's a Remington brand. The only markings are the Remington "R" on the cap. It's just a 3 x 9 with 40mm. Does great for what I need.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1

You're right, I shoot a HOYT so I figure I should be able to get five shots inside a pincle eraser at 100 yards with this thing![:o)] I know words like "smooth" "percision" and "accuracy" aren't fimiliar with folks that shoot mathews[:0][B)] but it's nuttin' new to HOYT shooters![:D] I figure I'll do better the next time out![;)]

You crack me up, you correct ones spelling and you can't even spell yourself. What is a pincle? Did you mean pencil?[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

You crack me up, you correct ones spelling and you can't even spell yourself. What is a pincle? Did you mean pencil?[:D]

He is a pincle. whatever the H@#@ that is.[:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    You found my funny!!!![:o)][:o)][:D] I won't even ask where else you were looking![:0]
    edited November -1
    Slash only a few more weekends[;)] Are ya siked up looks like your gonna win the contest..... congrads.[;)]
    edited November -1
    It's looking good for me but I know there are always some wild cards floating out there. My season officially ended this past Sunday when all of our deer seasons ended. Even though I hadn't hunted deer since early December. I had all I could take. Right now I'm jsut trying to get back into the swing of night shift and sleeping during the day, which I should be doing now![xx(] That's most of the reason I haven't been on here much lately. I've been watching some of the threads but not posting much. I hope to start getting back into sleeping and feel like posting more. [;)] That's when I can start stiring things up again![:p][:D]