In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Speed Demons

Beer gutBeer gut Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
Any body out there like to play with bows[:p] and see how much speed you can get out of them[}:)]. I have several but my favorite is my Hoyt turbo tec my best speed is 318 with 350 gr arrow 70# draw and nothing on the string but served on d loop and peep sight. Shot a doe with it this year at 15 yrds penitrated both shoulders and shattered a carbon express arrow cx 300, the crimson talon and 5" of arrow burried itself in the mud, the fletching and 5" arrow layed on the ground the rest just shredded pieces of hate. Also bent 2 blades and tore one off of the broadhead. which made gutting interesting.

lets here some other stories

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I have never even chronoed mine. I suppose I should just to see what I'm getting.
  • Options
    Beer gutBeer gut Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Moderator you should, most people shoot a bow because its comfortable not fast but building the 50 cal. of bows is alot of fun. i would like to know if there is anything more i can do.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:i would like to know if there is anything more i can do.

Buy a Mathews. [:D]
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

+1. Although now I'm a BowTech shooter.[:D]
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    277 with 400 grain easton light speeds out of a hoyt vectrix at 62 pounds. shooting 70 pounds it should shoot about 287
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 70# 29" High Country Carbon 4-Runner shoots a 28" CX Maxima weighing 316 grains total in the mid 320's. The previous arrow had me in the mid 340's. I also get 72lbs of KE from this hard hitting setup. I reckon I like fast things, too.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want speed shoot a Bowtech. They are fast. However, speed does not always make for a nice shooting bow. I will take my Vectrix over anything else. It is very nice to shoot, performes well and is very quiet. Also sends my 490gr Gold tips at 280FPS at 66 lbs 29" draw. Currently it is turned down to 55lbs. How many FPS do you need to send an arrow 60 feet indoors?
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Beer gut, you had to ask didn't ya. LOL
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag

Beer gut, you had to ask didn't ya. LOL

Yeah like they ever set any speed records.[}:)]