In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Spring turkey tag

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just checked the MN site and saw both my Bro in law and I were drawn for our spring turkey tags. It is a lottery here and neither of us had a preference point. Good luck I guess. The fall back plan was here in MN you can buy a tag OTC for the last 2 weeks of season but you must use a bow to do that. I might take the bow anyway.
I had to post something positive. It has been below 0 most nights since getting back from Cabo, and there has been 6 inches of snow fall as well. Spring is coming...

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I applied for mine but no news yet. I'm not counting on it as I have been refunded the last 2 yrs. [:(]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sucks to be you guys OTC here.[:D]
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't turkey hunt.[:(]
  • Options
    Beer gutBeer gut Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hoping and praying if I did that for a spring tag. Only debate id weather to use the 10 ga or the bow. Used the bow last fall bagged a double bearded tommy. cimmson talons did the job.
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you bow hunt for turkey do u sit in a blind or just against a brush pile or log like with a shotgun?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A.Gun
    When you bow hunt for turkey do u sit in a blind or just against a brush pile or log like with a shotgun?

Would be in a blind. I know people who do sit in the open with limited success.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    I don't turkey hunt.[:(]
    Idont either, I just cant get into it I watched videos ect Just dosent exite me dont know why. By the way congrads to the guys that do it's not easy from what I've heard. Are they more weary in the spring than the fall because dont seem too hard in the fall ive had many i could have easily taken with the bow .. in the fall months[?]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    3 freakin years now, I got refunded. I dont know anyone that has not gotten a tag. I have not got one in 3 years. guess i have to shoot dogs for 9 months
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    3 freakin years now, I got refunded. I dont know anyone that has not gotten a tag. I have not got one in 3 years. guess i have to shoot dogs for 9 months

Come on up and hunt with me. Not as much fun a shooting your own, but still fun do do some calling.