In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I cant shoot

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
Dusted the bow off today and did a little shooting with her, and found out I lost my magic shooting touch. I dont know what happened I went from 2 inch groups to 4 inch ones sad sad sad I know its not the bows falt cuz its a hoyt [stir stir stir] so it must be me

My old man's backhand used to land,
Hard on the side of my head.
I just learned to stay out of his way.
There's been streetfights, blue lights,
Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
It just showed me how much I could take.
Hard times, bad luck.
Sometimes, life sucks.
That's all right, I'm ok.
It ain't nothin' but another day.

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    In my league I cant shoot well anymore My average score went from 206 down to 189 with the new bow. I cant wait till it gets nice out again so I can get out and get it really sighted in
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Head I have been having problems too. Week 1 was 299, week 2 293, week 3 296... Last year I was shooting a little better... The only thing I changed from the 299 to 293 was I went from a pin style hunting sight to a scope... Maybe it's time to go back.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I switched arrows maybe thats it I cant sight it in as well as i like to with out shooting at a 3d target
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Head I have been having problems too. Week 1 was 299, week 2 293, week 3 296... Last year I was shooting a little better... The only thing I changed from the 299 to 293 was I went from a pin style hunting sight to a scope... Maybe it's time to go back.

are you using a clarifier or not? If you have a clarifier, you may want to try without. I wasn't using a clarifier last year and this yearr with one I am having trouble trusting myself sometimes. With the more practice I am doing lately, I am getting better at it.

I have been shooting like crap also, but that is from the lack of practice before the season. I was also holding low for some reason. Went and shot a round at 10 yards and fixed that. Last week I shot the wrong target, not once but twice! [:0][B)] X ringed both of them. Maybe by next month I will be were I was last year or better. Hopefully better.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Thats it blame the bow. [:D][:D][:D] Its gotta be the bow....[:0]

Just razzing you guys.. [;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

are you using a clarifier or not? If you have a clarifier, you may want to try without. I wasn't using a clarifier last year and this yearr with one I am having trouble trusting myself sometimes. With the more practice I am doing lately, I am getting better at it.

I have been shooting like crap also, but that is from the lack of practice before the season. I was also holding low for some reason. Went and shot a round at 10 yards and fixed that. Last week I shot the wrong target, not once but twice! [:0][B)] X ringed both of them. Maybe by next month I will be were I was last year or better. Hopefully better.

No Clarifier yet. With the 4X lens things are a little blurry and I was considering a smaller peep to try to clear that up. I have the sight extended all the way out... sits at 8" infront of the grip. I'm sure it will just take some getting used to.

Shooting the wrong target still scores in our league. Nothing says you have to shoot at all 5 spots, just score all 5 arrows each end. I think I am holding in 2nd place at our little place. The guy leading is in the high 50's X count 300's, so no catching him... Oh well.
    edited November -1

Shooting the wrong target still scores in our league. Nothing says you have to shoot at all 5 spots, just score all 5 arrows each end. I think I am holding in 2nd place at our little place. The guy leading is in the high 50's X count 300's, so no catching him... Oh well.

It wasn't my target face...

I wish that It was easy enough to go back to shooting without a clarifier. I don't want to have to screw with the set up. I received one from lancaster on accident, so I have been using it. I forget what size peep I was using last year.
    edited November -1
    quote:
    It wasn't my target face...

I wish that It was easy enough to go back to shooting without a clarifier. I don't want to have to screw with the set up. I received one from lancaster on accident, so I have been using it. I forget what size peep I was using last year.

That would do it. Hard to claim that one as your points. How close are the targets? At out range they are getting close, but that is because the Block bales are getting soft. The owner is replacing them this week. Usually they are at least 10 inches or so apart.
    edited November -1
    They are right next to each other and below or above depending on whether your on the top or bottom.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    They are right next to each other and below or above depending on whether your on the top or bottom.

Things that sound dirty but aren't. [:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

Things that sound dirty but aren't. [:D]

Pervert![:D]