In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

OLD COMPOUND

REX6666REX6666 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
TELL ME ABOUT A "DARTON COMPOUND" BOUGHT IN ABOUT 1973-1974, ADJUSTABLE FRON 45-75LB, ABOUT 40% LETOFF, IS TILL IN GOOD SHAPE, WONDERING ABOUT NEW SIGHTS AN SUCH, WHAT DO YOU THINK. ARE ANY OF YOU THIS OLD.

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    That bow is about as old as me. [:D][;)] You don't know what model it is do ya?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WELL IT IS NICE TO KNOW ABOUT HOW OLD YOU ARE BUT DOESN'T HELP ME WITH MY QUESTIONS, I HAVE RUGER RIFLES MMUCH, MUCH OLDER AND THEY STILL WORK WELL
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the thing about your rugers is the fact that the technolgoy hasn't changed since the K98. Bow technology changes every year. Darton was in their hay day during the 70's.

www.archeryhistory.com
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by REX6666
    WELL IT IS NICE TO KNOW ABOUT HOW OLD YOU ARE BUT DOESN'T HELP ME WITH MY QUESTIONS, I HAVE RUGER RIFLES MMUCH, MUCH OLDER AND THEY STILL WORK WELL
    what model he asked you.... then we can help the helpless.[;)][:0][:D][:D]
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    I think you need to buy my set-up Mathews LX.[:D]
    I had a Darton about 20 yrs ago and it was a good bow. That being said the newer ones have a lot more to offer as in the let-off %, speed, queitness, and smoothness. IMHO You could almost spend as much on new sights, rest, and quiver for it than you would spend on a newer bow.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I AM SORRY, I WILL HAVE TO CK ON THE MODEL # (IF ITS STILL THERE)
    NOT LONG AGO SOMEONE IN A BOW SHOP OFFERD TO TRADE ME A NEW BOW FOR IT
    HE DIDN'T SAY WHAT KIND OF BOW (MIGHT HAVE BEN A FIDDLE BOW) I WILL LOOK FOR THE MODEL #
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I AM SORRY, I WILL HAVE TO CK ON THE MODEL # (IF ITS STILL THERE)
    NOT LONG AGO SOMEONE IN A BOW SHOP OFFERD TO TRADE ME A NEW BOW FOR IT
    HE DIDN'T SAY WHAT KIND OF BOW (MIGHT HAVE BEN A FIDDLE BOW) I WILL LOOK FOR THE MODEL # Yea thats real important some bows were real good and others well ho hum just like guns. let us know what ya got and we will tell ya what its worth. Dont get your hopes up most old compound bows just get hung on the wall resale is next to nothing. welcome to the jungle[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    it is so nice to be in the company of such a smart induvidual. should i learn to quote what every one else says also. i can take it to the swap meat to find out what is WORTH. what i really wanted to know, has any one heard of DARTON BOWS
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Yes, Rex, we've all heard of Darton bows.

Resale on almost every compound bow is miniscule. Let alone one that is almost 30 years old. There is not enough collector value in them to command much of a price.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    it is so nice to be in the company of such a smart induvidual. should i learn to quote what every one else says also. i can take it to the swap meat to find out what is WORTH. what i really wanted to know, has any one heard of DARTON BOWS
    No I have never heard of a darton bow? I have only owned three Ok here it is. you sound kinda ungreatful to folks that are trying to help you. OK heres you.. I have a 1972 dodge have you ever heard of one. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH [;)]

Darton = mosberg mathews = binelli get the picture ding dong.[:D][:D]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    what i really wanted to know, has any one heard of DARTON BOWS

Yes.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    iam very sorry that my questions have upset, you guys, and also sorry that we couldn't just discuse this with out you guys TRYING to show me how much more you know than any one else.
    as far as the dodge goes a 72 was the 2nd new car i bought, can you say hemi little boy?sorry i didn't bend at the waste when i was told to. i am sorry also that i have more to do than set and play with
    duckyboy to make him feel like a grown person ding dong.
    fishermanben i am glad you are here it does seem that maby their are
    some people that are intrested in conversation, i don't plan to make a living with the bow just wanted some insite, thank you
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As far as I can tell, you asked in the first ? to tell you about a darton bow and was wanting to know what we thought about "new sights and stuff". That was answered. You didn't say "anyone heard of one. When one asks a ? they usually want an answer. If you take it that we answered your ? and now we are "TRYING" to show you that we know more than anyone else well that is just a mystery to me. So go ahead and "bend at the waste" as you put it and place your Darton there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Alright I know one of ypu guy's are messing around.... I smell a rat... BEEEEEEEEEEEN is this you[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    As far as I can tell, you asked in the first ? to tell you about a darton bow and was wanting to know what we thought about "new sights and stuff". That was answered. You didn't say "anyone heard of one. When one asks a ? they usually want an answer. If you take it that we answered your ? and now we are "TRYING" to show you that we know more than anyone else well that is just a mystery to me. So go ahead and "bend at the waste" as you put it and place your Darton there.
    Cheif I think one of our own is messing around..... I love it[:D][:D][:D][8D] bend at the waist.[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    Cheif I think one of our own is messing around..... I love it[:D][:D][:D][8D] bend at the waist.[:D][:D][:D]

I just noticed that I copied what he said and also spelled "waste"
    wrong. If it someone messing around, you got me going. If not you he can still "bend at the waist"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    nobody is messing around.

this is a legit guy, with a legit question.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    nobody is messing around.

this is a legit guy, with a legit question.

Ben
    well then.... Now I know it's you ..... your a dog man[8D]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TELL ME ABOUT A "DARTON COMPOUND" BOUGHT IN ABOUT 1973-1974, ADJUSTABLE FRON 45-75LB, ABOUT 40% LETOFF, IS TILL IN GOOD SHAPE, WONDERING ABOUT NEW SIGHTS AN SUCH, WHAT DO YOU THINK. ARE ANY OF YOU THIS OLD.

Sights/such.... go to wal-mart.
    What do I think......it's very old school.
    Ya I'm older than that.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    why would you not do a google search on darton bows or contact darton you can get all the information you want. as long as you can provide the necessary information for folks to answer your questions in a educational manner.[;)]It looks like darton did not enter the market till the early 80's heres a site that will answer your questions..... oh yea try not to critize the site.www.archeryhistory.com/quivers/quivers.htm - 1k
  • Options
    edited November -1
    YOU GUYS ARE SO EASY HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK Ben [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK Ben [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    first of all i did not critze the site only the sitees
    second of all i bought the bow in 73-74, so that lets out your fact that Darton came on the market in the 80s
    third of all some where people are getting the idea that i am running
    from some one, i may run at you but never ever from.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    second of all i bought the bow in 73-74, so that lets out your fact that Darton came on the market in the 80s
    NICE TRY GIRL. CANT/ BULLSH$%$% A bullshi$$##$ER jerkit1.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1

You would have been better off putting down the site rather than the people here.

Bang answered one of your questions in his first response.. you asked if anyone here was that old and he said he was. You then came back with a smart remark.

I even emailed you to let you know that the guys here just like to joke around alot and you came BACK with another insult to the people here.

Think of the archery side as a pack... we protect/support eachother.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh now i understand the guys here can say what they please,
    but no one should joke around with them because they, being only dukyboy are above all else.
    if i have offended anyone other than dukyboy i sinserly apolize.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    oh now i understand the guys here can say what they please,
    but no one should joke around with them because they, being only dukyboy are above all else.
    if i have offended anyone other than dukyboy i sinserly apolize.

you need to tread lighter while on unfamiliar ground. You insulted several people here not just Buckey. Heck Buckey even welcomed you. You asked a question and then get pissed when others know the answer and say they are acting like they know more. Good Lord man get a grip and spell check.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think it's time to start over on a better note.

Rex, this is a good group with good intentions, and Buckey is our friend.

I believe that gagirl is right when she says that you should "tread lighter while on unfamiliar ground".

Nobody is trying to run anybody off. I gave buckey a hard time in the past with "new handle", and although you think he may be giving you a hard time, it is really more directed at myself.

Welcome to the forum.

Feel free to repost this or any other question that you might have.

If you're trying to get back into archery, these people can give you great recommendations on how to do it cheaply.

This topic is locked.

Ben