In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

nock point?

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok on the new bow I bought it doesn't have a nock, I'm just going to make one using two nock points on the string but where do I put the release? My last bow had a loop lol can I still use a loop or put my release above or below the nock? [?]

Thanks,
A.gun

Comments

• Options
    Beer gutBeer gut Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can use either or. If you use the nocks usually the release goes below the nocks. If you can tie a D-loop or can have your local bow shot do one that would be my choice much gooder.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    make sure you put the nock point in the correct spot. You can use a T square thing they make for bows to set the nock, this will get it close. Then paper tune, and move the rest up or down accordingly.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Or go to your shop and have a loop put on for $4 or whatever it may be in your area.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Or go to your shop and have a loop put on for $4 or whatever it may be in your area.

Ditto, unless you know what yer doing tying a loop can be a pain in the nose.
  • Options
    thunderstick82thunderstick82 Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I second that! That is not something you want coming untied. If you've never done one before i would have it done at a shop and watch how he (or she) ties it.
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you do the loop, it adds about a 1/2 inch to your draw. If you just use the nock, go under and have a cushion button added.