In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shed Hunting

Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
Anybody shed hunting yet? Here's 3 that I found so far. The 2 non typicals are a set even though it doen't look like it. I found them 30' apart about 3 weeks ago. The third is a 43" 4 point with a broken main beam rubbed smooth.

Then there's my shed display in my living room on a corner hutch that was my grandfathers.

Here's the 4 point I found on monday.

PICT0048.jpg

PICT0051.jpg

PICT0052.jpg

Comments

• Beer gutBeer gut Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to get out and start but there is alot of snow and its been snowing everyday. but it looks like you had some nice finds.
    Stay warm happy hunting[8D]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A buddy found a huge shed a week ago. I have a pic on my camera but haven't gotten it posted on here. Plus it's been COLD here. The highs haven't gotten much more than a couple of degrees over freezing here for about a week or so!
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    A buddy found a huge shed a week ago. I have a pic on my camera but haven't gotten it posted on here. Plus it's been COLD here. The highs haven't gotten much more than a couple of degrees over freezing here for about a week or so!

Lets see them pics slash!! How much does it measure?
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311

COLD? -8 air temp here right now. -22 wind chill.
    edited November -1
    How many or you guys have been out and or plan on going shed hunting yet?
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I plan to go when it warms up a bit. 4* right now
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    I plan to go when it warms up a bit. 4* right now

I hear ya bang. I've suspended my shedding activities for now. Very cold and now there's too much snow to find them anyway.[:(]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I saw a half rack the other night, but it's still to darn cold around here to look for antlers outside the house. [:D]
  • grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I take the dog out every weekend, nothing yet. I did buy a used Woodman's Pal machete to get through the multiflora rose though. Man you wouldn't believe how well the hook on the end works for cutting that stuff down. I'm getting into places that I haven't been into for years, and the deer are following the paths that I'm cutting.
    edited November -1
    Grizz, it sounds like you might be creating a new area to hunt next season.[:)]