In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bow Worth The Effort?

CoonazzCoonazz Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
guy was gonna throw it in the dumpster so i snaged it, a Darton USA hardly a scratch on it other than the top limb has a small crack an needs to be replaced, but the bow has nothing on it no peep sight,no balance weight,no quiver,no arrow rest, but has an excellent camo paintjob and a smooth draw back. Just wonderin if it would be worth the money an effort to fix up, it being free in all.

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    even if it was a new darton, the resale value on them is very little. So to put any money into something like that. Most limbs won't cost anything less then say 50 bucks to up to 125-150.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Hey man. I wouldn't be drawing that puppy back with a cracked limb. If it's a recurring problem you might have luck auctioning the other limb on ebay.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Hey man. I wouldn't be drawing that puppy back with a cracked limb. If it's a recurring problem you might have luck auctioning the other limb on ebay.

Ben

most limbs are sold in pairs as they have identical deflection.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it cracked or just a crack in the lamination? As Ben said tho, pullin back a bow that's cracked can be a painfull experience.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Never heard of a Darton bow. I must be too young.[}:)]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway

anim_moon.gif
  • Options
    CoonazzCoonazz Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea i figured, a free bow just too good to be true.An yea i know not to pull back on a cracked bow but its only a tiny hair line crack not even a half inch long, i figured what the hell,but thanks for the info. ive had a crossbow snap on me...fiberglass sux.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway

I lost it [:0]