In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

whisker biscuit

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
The way the biscuit is put on the bow do you guys buy shorter arrows for it, or do you just let the broadhead stick a few inches out from the rest?

Comments

• A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does anyone else use one? While practicing I can hear the arrow glide through it, Gold Tip graphite. If I can hear it I'm sure a deer can on a calm day. Any ideas? I've had both hips replaced 3 years ago and am not as graceful standing up and I like the thought of the arrow staying put in it.
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use the Biscuit and love it! As for my arrow length, I'm not totally sure why this rest would be different from any other rest on your bow. I guess it could set back a little and I would see no reason that you couldn't shorten your arrows. Some things to keep in mind would be if you plan switch from the biscuit to a different rest at any time. Also, a shorter arrow should be faster but you'll lose a little in impact.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best rest you can get..[;)]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    shorter arrows will also stiffen the arrow. The biscut is also not that best..
  • rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd rather shoot with a notched 2x4 duct taped to the bow than that thing. I prefer a fall away rest.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by A.Gun
    The way the biscuit is put on the bow do you guys buy shorter arrows for it, or do you just let the broadhead stick a few inches out from the rest?
    [/quote

Take your bow and an arrow to your shop and they will measure it up for you cut them and put inserts in. Then your good to go. FYI for hunting the biscuit is the day to go, don't let the others fool you.[:D][;)]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seeing as how some feel the biscuit is not a good rest, I'll add a little more on it. If you are shooting indoor leagues and compotitions, then the are more accurate rests on the market, such as a fall away. For hunting, I have found the accuracy if more than sufficient on deer sized targets. One of the major things that I like about the biscuit is that you can stand on your head and darn near shoot upside down naked and your arrow will still be in the same position it needs to be.... Sorry for the naked analogy but I figured Bang and Buckey were bored and needed a little visual/ mental picture![:D] I hear they like that kind of thing![xx(] One other note on the biscuit, if you have the older ones (all black fibers rather than black and brown) you may expect to tear vains if you shoot a lot. I have the older one and was tearing quite a few until I switched to "Blazers" and it solved the problem.
  • goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    Got one on mine, no complaints here.