In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Turkey Season

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
How many of you bow hunt turkey? What tactics do you use, sitting then standing when you can to shoot the bird, or sit in a chair within a blind?

Comments

• Options
    Beer gutBeer gut Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spot and Stalk ha ha just kidding[:D] the blind i use i sit in a chair and kneel when i shoot but its kind of unconfortable im looking into something else myself
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A.Gun
    How many of you bow hunt turkey? What tactics do you use, sitting then standing when you can to shoot the bird, or sit in a chair within a blind?

I don't think you could get away with that much movement even in a blind, could you?
    I will bow hunt turkey if I ever get a spring tag. I do call if I see some in the fall while on the stand.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by A.Gun

I don't think you could get away with that much movement even in a blind, could you?
    I will bow hunt turkey if I ever get a spring tag. I do call if I see some in the fall while on the stand.

If you have a good blind you should....wearng black works the best in one..I just stay sitting and shoot them...if all else fales my 11-87 works.[;)]
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have taken 3 with a shotgun, I have NEVER killed anything with a compound bow had oppurtunities but never sealed the deal, I plan to this spring and this upcomming fall!!