In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

long day

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Dad died 7 years ago today .I miss him very much. I went to the bar up the street where Dad stopped for beers after work.
several of his friens were there today and I had a toast with them. I also recieved a few phone calls from friends that could not be there. I was very touched that they all still remember him and make it a point after 7 years to aknowledge his passing..

Bitter Sweet.... A Day in the woods with my Dad was worth a year anywhere else........ For those of you that still have your parents be good to them you dont relize how much they mean till they are gone. I love you Dad........[:(]

Comments

• surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I fell your pain Buckey..lost my Dad going on 3 years in June[:(]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    heres a pat on the back. [:)]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill
    Sorry for your loss. I hope you guy's were close...[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    heres a pat on the back. [:)]
    Thanks man I appriciate the reply. Stay cool[;)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    My thoughts are with ya buckey. Hang tough bud.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1

I lost mine last May. It was really hard this deer season. Not only did we hunt together, we also processed them together. The hardest day was when my son shot his first deer during the Oct. youth hunt. You have the phone in hand but you he's not there to answer it. But, I know he watched the whole thing unfold.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway

I lost mine last May. It was really hard this deer season. Not only did we hunt together, we also processed them together. The hardest day was when my son shot his first deer during the Oct. youth hunt. You have the phone in hand but you he's not there to answer it. But, I know he watched the whole thing unfold.
    sorry to hear that. I think they are smiling down on us...I think hunting with your... well most of us dad's butmoms or dads bring you much closer and you get to share a common love .. Hope I diddent bring anyone down with this subject...[;)]
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Family time is so precious but some don't care.
    I never hunted with my father, but in my younger years we always went camping while on vacation. My father hunted with his father/my grandfather. As a matter of fact not far from you Buck on Long Island.
    My father is still alive but in no condition to hunt or camp. But he highly appreciates the fish and wild game I bring him from my hunting/fishing activities. But now it's time to teach my son to enjoy the many pleasures of hunting. He already loves the meat. [:p]
    After all our children are the next generation of hunters.
    It's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    Family time is so precious but some don't care.
    I never hunted with my father, but in my younger years we always went camping while on vacation. My father hunted with his father/my grandfather. As a matter of fact not far from you Buck on Long Island.
    My father is still alive but in no condition to hunt or camp. But he highly appreciates the fish and wild game I bring him from my hunting/fishing activities. But now it's time to teach my son to enjoy the many pleasures hunting. He already loves the meat. [:p]
    After all our children are the next generation of hunters.
    It's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

I agree. The time spent hunting with my son is time that I treasure. He is 12 now and in a few years he may not want to spend time with the old man. We deer hunt from a buddy stand but he is close to my size, he's 5' 10", so it is getting crowded up there but I will do it until he says he wants to do by himself. He helped butcher this year and even skinned my doe for me. We are limited to some of the activities we can do because of my hips and back so hunting really fits us.
    edited November -1
    I wish I had a son or daughter.to share hunting and fishing with.. glad to hear you spend time with them.[:)]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Here's to your Dad, buckey. He raised a couple of really outstanding men, and I'm sure you owe a great deal of your knowledge to him.

Ben
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Here's to your Dad, buckey. He raised a couple of really outstanding men, and I'm sure you owe a great deal of your knowledge to him. Thanks Ben your a cool dude.[8D]

Ben