In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Favorite arrows

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
well what are they? Mine that I use are a cheapo wally world brand lol like 2.50 an arrow so should I lose/miss no biggy. I am however looking for new ones I hear goldtip, and carbon express are all worth the money any input?

Comments

• Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I used to shoot Carbon Express. Switched to Gold Tips with my new bow. The Carbon Express arrows tended to snap if they hit hard bone (shoulder bone). Haven't had that problem with the Gold Tips yet. Then again, I have switched broadheads too.
  • Options
    Beer gutBeer gut Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like Carbon Express never had any comlaints or problems but I did smoke an arrow or 2 on a shoulder bone like handgunn said. I also like Easton Axis I use them for 3D shoots have never used them on game but im going to try them.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like my Easton axis arrows. They are pretty tough.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I used PSE Carbon force dominators til I got the XT, now I shoot vapor trail 5000.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    easton full metal jackets for hunting and easton light speeds for target
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like my gold tips.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been shooting Gold Tip XT Hunters for 2 years now, but going to switch... to the Pro Hunters. You can't go wrong with Gold Tip. I have had no reason to try any of the others.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    I have been shooting Gold Tip XT Hunters for 2 years now, but going to switch... to the Pro Hunters. You can't go wrong with Gold Tip. I have had no reason to try any of the others.

Other than the fact they're made in Mexico now.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My are the bloody ones.[:)]Gold Tip XT Hunters 55-75
  • Options
    rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Easton ST Axis. I used to use Beman ICS camo's. I have killed so many deer with those arrows and they have performed flawlessly. The closest thing I can find to them now seems to be the Easton Axis arrows.