In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Deer

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Season opens in 7 months [:D]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Went south this weekend, put up a stand, laid some carpet at deer camp in the cabin, drank some barley soda. A pretty good weekend.
    For as hot as it was we saw several deer, generally in the evening feeding in the feilds. Sat. evening we saw 3 nice bucks, well 2 were nice the first one I'm not real sure didn't see him much before he jumped into the woods. They were on our huntin prop. and I was really impressed with the size of the racks, I mean they were really nice. That really got me stoked about season. I hope I get a shot at one of the 3 we saw. Real nice, tall racks. can't wait!!

67 days!!

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bang the off season is long enough. So don't make it any longer than it has to be. Ya bone head.[}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Whatcha talkin' 'bout? 7 months isn't that long. It'll be here before we know it.[;)]

On that sad side of that, unfortunately life kinda flies by anymore. Having said that, I have made a goal for myself this year. I would like to get me a good blind and take a kid or 2 early season.

Oh heck the day is almost over 6 months and 30 days left [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Whatcha talkin' 'bout? 7 months isn't that long. It'll be here before we know it.[;)]

On that sad side of that, unfortunately life kinda flies by anymore. Having said that, I have made a goal for myself this year. I would like to get me a good blind and take a kid or 2 early season.

Oh heck the day is almost over 6 months and 30 days left [:D]

Kids are our future hunters. Lets keep the tradition alive.[^]
    Another thing bang I'm looking foreward to planting the garden and enjoying some warm summer days trap shooting/camping with my son after freezing my nads off the last 6 weeks.

BTW don't wish your life away cause you'll be old like me before you know it.[:(]
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Bang - Turkey season opens in 22 days down here. No reason to put the bow away yet [:D]!
  • Options
    steveTsteveT Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i cant wait for bow to open up. lol im so bored not hunting so i bought the cabelas alaskan adventures video game. its pretty neat.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52
    Bang - Turkey season opens in 22 days down here. No reason to put the bow away yet [:D]!

I didn't draw a spring turkey tag. [:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Come to GA! It isn't that expensive for a non-resident license and you get 3 gobblers/season.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Come to GA! It isn't that expensive for a non-resident license and you get 3 gobblers/season.

Now that sounds sweet!![:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is. The only thing that I wish was that they had a fall season. I don't know how many times I was sitting the the tree during deer season surrounded by long-beards.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is. The only thing that I wish was that they had a fall season. I don't know how many times I was sitting the the tree during deer season surrounded by long-beards.

Now that we have. I actually had 2 shots on turkey this past season but I blew it, both times.
  • Options
    steveTsteveT Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man i could have killed a couple white turkeys i wish it was season lol. have u guys ever seena a white turkey before its not an albino i think it just lacks in mellanin or something. they are really cool looking though. huge too with nice beards.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by steveT
    Man i could have killed a couple white turkeys i wish it was season lol. have u guys ever seena a white turkey before its not an albino i think it just lacks in mellanin or something. they are really cool looking though. huge too with nice beards.

Yep, I've seen them. There is a turkey farm down by where I hunt. everyone of them is white [:D][;)].
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i am not going to flop my butt down in a brush pile and not know whats in it with me [:D]to hot to turkey hunt here already killed one snake[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ladyhunter
    i am not going to flop my butt down in a brush pile and not know whats in it with me [:D]to hot to turkey hunt here already killed one snake[xx(]

Finding the snakes is part of the fun! [;)]
    Craziest thing that ever happened to me turkey hunting: Sitting in my blind, dozing off. Felt something bump my foot. Looked down and see a 3-1/2' timber rattler curling up for a nap. I jumped out of that blind without even unzipping the door, left the bow and all! I still don't know how I did it. I didn't go back to that blind for 3 days.
  • Options
    edited November -1