In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Back from hog hunt

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Real good hunt in Texas will post some photos later.
No way to get one of these hogs with a bow. resorted to the muzzleloader. we went 3for 3 again.[;)]

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Cool! Glad your back safely and had a good time. Can't wait to see the pics.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Good shooting sounds like u have some bacon
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You were gone? Hmmm didn't even miss ya![:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Only went for four days. about 40 degrees in the am 75 in the afternoon . it was nice to get away from the cold. This part really sucks. I goota go to thet damb place cancun for a week at the end of april what a drag[:D][:D][:I]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bummer dude......

Hey, Why don't I go in your place.....that way you won't have to deal with all the heat, beaches, thongs, bikinis, beautiful women.....
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a great time Buckey. BTW, I have the end of April totaly open. I will go in your place. I'm sure that I would be better suited to take your place than Bang[:D]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on the pigs buckey
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Bummer dude......

Hey, Why don't I go in your place.....that way you won't have to deal with all the heat, beaches, thongs, bikinis, beautiful women.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not to stray from the subject of the women but did you see any snakes down there in Texas.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Not to stray from the subject of the women but did you see any snakes down there in Texas.
    No snakes. did see some snake holes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any details of the hunt?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @ing thing away. Frankly I was a little insulted. He then said trust me your not going to get one with the bow. Well he's a good hunter so I said ok. We went back to camp had some lunch I loaded up the Muzzle loader. and we headed back out. you actually have to zig zag and hit every brush pile and tree these hogs would wait till ya got almost got on top of them then bang they would make a dash. well thats exactly what happend I was walking along came upon a good size tree as soon as I got 3 steps away the hog broke out. I nearly Crapped in my shorts.... I swung the muzzleloader around when I had him in the scope I fired. he was at a full sprint and they dont stop. I made a lucky shot and dropped him. The skinner didden,t show up so we had to cut up our own . not too bad kinda just like doing a deer. I couldent believe how fast these hogs could run . Now I understood why he said Put the Bow away... I havent downloaded the pictures yet as soon as I do I will post.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cool! Thanks for the post man, I needed to hear a good huntin story. I need a fix something fierce.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    @ing thing away. Frankly I was a little insulted. He then said trust me your not going to get one with the bow. Well he's a good hunter so I said ok. We went back to camp had some lunch I loaded up the Muzzle loader. and we headed back out. you actually have to zig zag and hit every brush pile and tree these hogs would wait till ya got almost got on top of them then bang they would make a dash. well thats exactly what happend I was walking along came upon a good size tree as soon as I got 3 steps away the hog broke out. I nearly Crapped in my shorts.... I swung the muzzleloader around when I had him in the scope I fired. he was at a full sprint and they dont stop. I made a lucky shot and dropped him. The skinner didden,t show up so we had to cut up our own . not too bad kinda just like doing a deer. I couldent believe how fast these hogs could run . Now I understood why he said Put the Bow away... I havent downloaded the pictures yet as soon as I do I will post.[;)]

Good deal Buckey, I'm really glad you had a great hunt. Sounds like a ton of fun. [:p]

quote:Origionally posted by bang250Hey, Why don't I go in your place.....that way you won't have to deal with all the heat, beaches, thongs, bikinis, beautiful women.....
    Yea and sand in your..........[:)]