In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fastest Bow

steveTsteveT Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
what is the fastest bow you guys have ever seen.the fastest one ive ever seen was a bowtech blacknight. 337-345fps.

Comments

• Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    High Country iron mace is a smokin bow.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

Didnt expect to see HCA listed on this thread, but you are right! (nothing unusual there tho)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl

Didnt expect to see HCA listed on this thread, but you are right! (nothing unusual there tho)

A guy brought one to the shop a few weeks ago and let me shoot it. That's a very quick bow, I think it shoots faster than Mathews black max.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am VERY happy with my HCA. I really think they turned their company down the right path a couple years ago. I have not had the chance to get my hands on the new line but have heard wonderful things. What did you think about the other aspects of the bow? Quite? Hand shock? Give me your run down on it if you dont mind. I would also like to see their new Stiletto which shows at 385 fps with the speed pro max arrows which is only 5 under the iron mace.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PSE X Force was said to be doing 345/350....

But whats the diff if you can't hit them at 270, 350 isn't going to help you any.[B)]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill
    PSE X Force was said to be doing 345/350....

But whats the diff if you can't hit them at 270, 350 isn't going to help you any.[B)]

Oh and Mathews Black Max is smoken at 340ish..[:D]
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bowtech tribute with the speed mods with someone that knows how to tune will hit 340 with IBO legal arrow. [:0]

The thing about high country's is that they use one of their light arrows to get the speed up to there.
  • Options
    steveTsteveT Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    bowtech tribute with the speed mods with someone that knows how to tune will hit 240 with IBO legal arrow. [:0]

The thing about high country's is that they use one of their light arrows to get the speed up to there.

i hope u mean 340 lo because my little hoyt rintec does more than 240.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by steveT
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    bowtech tribute with the speed mods with someone that knows how to tune will hit 240 with IBO legal arrow. [:0]

i hope u mean 340 lo because my little hoyt rintec does more than 240.

changed lol [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am VERY happy with my HCA. I really think they turned their company down the right path a couple years ago. I have not had the chance to get my hands on the new line but have heard wonderful things. What did you think about the other aspects of the bow? Quite? Hand shock? Give me your run down on it if you dont mind. I would also like to see their new Stiletto which shows at 385 fps with the speed pro max arrows which is only 5 under the iron mace.

I couldn't tell any hand shock, and it's pretty quiet. Draw on it is a little different because it seems the last few inches you have to really pull as it gets a little tough. Shoff is right about them using their light arrows to get it to shoot that fast I could shoot a 300 grain arrow out of my outback and get 320 outta it.
  • Options
    edited November -1

I couldn't tell any hand shock, and it's pretty quiet. Draw on it is a little different because it seems the last few inches you have to really pull as it gets a little tough. Shoff is right about them using their light arrows to get it to shoot that fast I could shoot a 300 grain arrow out of my outback and get 320 outta it.

true and have you looked at the ke and penetration of those arrows too? The numbers are interesting. Shows better penetration on a 250 grn arrow shooting 342 fps than a 393 gn shooting 276 fps. I like a lighter/faster arrow. The POI is closer at the various yards. Like shooting 35 yrd on a 30 yd pin.

Understand about the breakover on the hcas mine is also like that.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I modified My XT Got it shooting 792 fps [:D][:D]
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The thing I hate is IBO v. hunting set ups.[:(!] Out of every bow from my hunting buddies, there isn't one hunting set up that shoots much over about 275. We have a few mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech, PSE and maybe one other that I can't think of and we all are shooting about the same speed. The last time we shot on the crony I think we were all within about 10-15 fps of each other.

That's why I think IBO is a crock of what Gagirl was putting on her food plots in the other thread!!!![}:)] [:D]
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Parker Pro Force II has an IBO of 325'/sec.
    OK Slash [:D][:D]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1

true and have you looked at the ke and penetration of those arrows too? The numbers are interesting. Shows better penetration on a 250 grn arrow shooting 342 fps than a 393 gn shooting 276 fps. I like a lighter/faster arrow. The POI is closer at the various yards. Like shooting 35 yrd on a 30 yd pin.

Understand about the breakover on the hcas mine is also like that.

I already do that. Infact I only use 1 pin of the 4 on my sight. I shoot 20, 30, 40 all on 1.