In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

archery research bows

steveTsteveT Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
does anyonehave one if so are you impressed. whats are the pros and cons about these bows.

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I don't know much about AR 'cept they are a PSE product I believe.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    I don't know much about AR 'cept they are a PSE product I believe.

correct and they use the same nrg cams.
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought an AR 31 2 seasons ago. Has the Ram Cam system. I really like it. IT was my first new bow in about 12 or 15 years. It's smooth and fast and quiet. I put a drop away rest and a red dot sight on it. I was suprised how quiet it is. I had a buddy shoot it while I stood beside him.It's also not violent at all for being a short bow. I've got it set at 68 pounds. With the red dot sight, a 27 inch arrow, a 100 grain head and the bow set at 68 pounds, I never have to aim off of the deers body from 40 yards and in. I just bought a 3 dot crossbow sight to put on it so that I have more aiming points for finer shooting. With plenty of practice this past year i was able to shoot 3 groundhogs during deer season. Two from my 20ft treestand, one at 20yds and one at thirty-five, and another at 40 stepped off yards from the ground. I got pretty lucky on the forty yarder.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the run down man. Since AR came out I was very interested in them. My draw back was the only "dealer" in town for AR at the time was a "scratch and dent" guy. Don't miss understand I don't have a problem with scratch and dent really, but I had dealt with this guy ONCE before and decided that was the last time. I would still like to shoot one just to see for myself.
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's got a real smooth rollover with a solid wall. I had fun with it this year when I shot a button buck that was trying to figure out what I was. He was trying to watch me and get a little off of a doe at the same time. He quartered away slightly and I made a decent shot that took out both lungs. The doe never moved when I shot, and the button only went 15 or 20 yards and dropped. She stood there the whole time and watched, then just walked away. This bow is really quiet. I was kinda afraid of the short axel length before I bought it, but it has never been a problem. It wasn't hard to set up either, it came with easy to understand instructions, plus you can go online to find stuff out and I have done some of my other bows before. I don't know how fast it is, but it is pretty quick. I shoot with my son-in-law alot, he shoots a Vectrix(sp?), and even he thinks that it is fast. Give one a try, it can't hurt anything. Mine was a year old new bow, and I think I paid $425 for it.