In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A few hog photos

Comments

• Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice pics buck!!! I can't see the hog in the first one though?
    Bet you had a great time.[8D]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    there is no Hog I was trying to show the terain / what we were hunting in... It was fun
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    there is no Hog I was trying to show the terain / what we were hunting in... It was fun

OH ok good, cause I usually have good eyes for that kind of thing. At least I know I'm not going blind.LOL
    Kind of looks like the brush I go shed hunting in.[8D]
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Good pics buckeyboy! Makes me hungry for some bacon of my own! I have to find a place to shoot some hogs down here in GA.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Cool! How did you say it was processed? did you quarter it and take it home or does it go to a processor then they ship it to you?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Cool! How did you say it was processed? did you quarter it and take it home or does it go to a processor then they ship it to you?

There was supposed to be a skinner there. no show so I skinned and quartered my own froze it bought a suit case and took mine home.
    My rfiends both got one too we skinned and quarted theres and there was a real nice couple we met there that only lived two hours from the hunt who offered to take the hog meat get it processed and they will ship it out to my buddies and they will reemburse them, It was awful nice of them to do that.
    edited November -1
    You go on hunts that I can only dream of at this point in life. I hope someday we meet again and can hang at the same deer camp, share the days story and campfire beers. Someday buckey I'll have enough ground for you and your bro to come to here, Its a goal I have. Aint trying to sound mushy, but you guys had a "family" feelin about ya. I know you are gonna get a giggle out of this but Enos, Tater and myself were upset to hear you were goin to Ohio this coming season. Shoot soon as you left Gibby's we were talkin about how we can make it a better trip for you guys.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    You go on hunts that I can only dream of at this point in life. I hope someday we meet again and can hang at the same deer camp, share the days story and campfire beers. Someday buckey I'll have enough ground for you and your bro to come to here, Its a goal I have. Aint trying to sound mushy, but you guys had a "family" feelin about ya. I know you are gonna get a giggle out of this but Enos, Tater and myself were upset to hear you were goin to Ohio this coming season. Shoot soon as you left Gibby's we were talkin about how we can make it a better trip for you guys.
    Actually Ohio is out. I booked in kentucky. Why dont we plan on a hog hunt next year there like 4 day hunts and pretty cheap.Yea I really enjoyed meeting you guys and would like to hunt with you also.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Actually Ohio is out. I booked in kentucky. Why dont we plan on a hog hunt next year there like 4 day hunts and pretty cheap.Yea I really enjoyed meeting you guys and would like to hunt with you also.

Well since you've been to a couple different places where would you want to go?
    edited November -1
    well I liked texas better than flotida and met with a guy from our Houston teas plant who is looking into it for me. I will call you when I get the details.[;)]
    edited November -1
    Would you be opposed to trying a new place? Just curious, I found some places in Tennessee and the Carolinas. I'm lookin up a bunch of different ones on the net. Some won't let you bring alcohol can you believe that![:D]
    edited November -1
    Would you be opposed to trying a new place? Just curious, I found some places in Tennessee and the Carolinas. I'm lookin up a bunch of different ones on the net. Some won't let you bring alcohol can you believe that![:D]

Well I dont drink when I'm hunting but its nice to have a few around the camp at night. no I would not be opposed to going elsewhere.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Nice oinkers.
    I agree with no drinking while hunting, but none afterwards? Come on now.
    edited November -1
    I didn't say drink while hunting but now that you mention it...

kidding....
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    buckey, what kind of muzzleloader is that?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    buckey, what kind of muzzleloader is that?
    Im in the first photo I used a knight 50 cal

The second photo is my friend fred he used a shotgun with rifle slugs.

My other friend used his daughters 243.....