In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

recurve bow

72tbone72tbone Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
I have hunted 20 plus years with a compound bow. I picked up a recurve the other day and and shot it a few times and it was a real pleasure to shoot. I deceided to buy a used Bear recurve to shoot. I am looking at a tackedown recurve that is 60" long and 60# draw weight. The price is right and I have always shot 80# draw weight compound bows at 65% let off. Is this to much bow to learn with?

Comments

• 72tbone72tbone Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anybody familiar with a black widow recurve or what it might be worth?
    edited November -1
    I HAVE A BROWNING NOMAD 1 RECURVE IF I HAD TO SAY IT IS ALMOST PERFECT EXCEPT THE STRING. WHAT WOULD BE THE VALUE OF THIS BOW? THE SERIAL # IS 7E6834 IT IS 44# 54" AND BELOW ALL THAT IS A I. ALSO I HAVE TWO PSE COMPOUND BOWS BOTH ARE AT LEAST 12 YEARS OLD. ONE POLARIS AND ONE VULCAN. WOULD ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT HOW MUCH THESE ARE WORTH.
    edited November -1
    I would like to find a short recurve bow with around a #50 pull. I would prefer it to be fiberglass. I have not shot in around fifteen years and really have no ideal where to buy a bow.
  • 2-blade2-blade Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    About $50.00 to $70.00 Not realy collectible but a nice bow,
    edited November -1
    Check out flebay#190086989122and180089284434 I may be a little low,it has ben a while since I was in to this .The compounds are not worth much.coumpound shooters always want the newest thing out.I saw them often at work .But I drove a garbage truck for 22yr.(that was toung in cheek)
  • captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Click on the Archery Forum...You'll probably have better luck getting a knowledgeable reply....Just go to <All Forums> and follow the directions.....Best.....
    edited November -1
    This is More for capton kirk,I dont queston your expertes in your fields.I may be out of place but I am what you call a expert in traditonal archery.I have built recurve bows,and collectedthem for over 30 years .I got my first archery licence in 1955.I have taken 11 bull elk with recurve bow most of my manufactur, Wood arrows and broadheads of my manufactour 3 scord hi in the record book.Most of the pepole On the bowhunting forum have never shot A RECURVE BOW (not all)* I understand you wanted him to go to the proper forum but that is not it.. No I never did lern to type or spell
  • cattle buyercattle buyer Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    2 blade, I have an old 52" 55lb Fred Bear ,Kodiak Mag. from the late 60s' early 70s'..any value,Im thinking of restringing it and having the rest redone,and shooting it for the exercise, lord Ive shot paper pie plates with 3 bales of hay as a backstop for hours back then getting ready for deer season, I think I shot 32" easton arrows? long time ago.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 2-blade
    This is More for capton kirk,I dont queston your expertes in your fields.I may be out of place but I am what you call a expert in traditonal archery.I have built recurve bows,and collectedthem for over 30 years .I got my first archery licence in 1955.I have taken 11 bull elk with recurve bow most of my manufactur, Wood arrows and broadheads of my manufactour 3 scord hi in the record book.Most of the pepole On the bowhunting forum have never shot A RECURVE BOW (not all)* I understand you wanted him to go to the proper forum but that is not it.. No I never did lern to type or spell

We thank you and fleabay for the expert opinion. I mean no disrespect, I just found it funny you talk about being an expert and all you did for the guy was go to fleabay to look up a price. [:D]
    edited November -1
    One more post==Im not normally a braggart,but it looks like it,had a bad day with a cold.but i"m not apologizeing for it.Ask the expert forum {where this all started)Is full of self proclaimed experts.I don"t question their credentials.Some say I diden"t help 72tbone,In My first post I answerd his question,look at the date,that is a day before the mention of the other unmentionable site.I took offense to kaptain kirks insinuation that I was ignorent on the subject by someone that did not even know what the subject was.sorry if I steped on some arrogant toes. Mike.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 2-blade
    One more post==Im not normally a braggart,but it looks like it,had a bad day with a cold.but i"m not apologizeing for it.Ask the expert forum {where this all started)Is full of self proclaimed experts.I don"t question their credentials.Some say I diden"t help 72tbone,In My first post I answerd his question,look at the date,that is a day before the mention of the other unmentionable site.I took offense to kaptain kirks insinuation that I was ignorent on the subject by someone that did not even know what the subject was.sorry if I steped on some arrogant toes. Mike.

Here we go again.[;)]
    edited November -1
    how do i remove a post when it is finished? help
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can't/don't have to. Just let it be and it'll slide to the bottom.[:)]