In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

DEAD ON

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
Today it was about 70 degrees for the high here in ohio, I went to practice then came home and sighted my bow(which previously was sighted for 125g) in with 100 grain expandables, they really do shoot like fieldtips I was very pleased, I can't wait until turkey opens up here in April. Anyone else gonna bow hunt the dang things?

Comments

• Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Yep. Makes it more fun. I usually hunt with a bow unless my wife decides that she wants to go with me. In that case, I take the shotgun, but it usually just sits across my lap because I spend all my time calling for her.[:D]
    I will say one thing though. If you plan on hunting in a blind with the "shoot-through" mesh, don't use expandables. The mesh will cause the blades to deploy, and your shot will not go where you think it is going.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52
    Yep. Makes it more fun. I usually hunt with a bow unless my wife decides that she wants to go with me. In that case, I take the shotgun, but it usually just sits across my lap because I spend all my time calling for her.[:D]
    I will say one thing though. If you plan on hunting in a blind with the "shoot-through" mesh, don't use expandables. The mesh will cause the blades to deploy, and your shot will not go where you think it is going.

Sounds like experience speaking. [:D][;)]
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll have bow in hand and the video running. I think it's gonna be a good year here in the Buckeye state.
  • Options
    crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not me. Gonna stick with the old scoped shotgun with the super full choke.
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52

Yep. Should have thought about it before hand, but I didn't. [:I]

Sounds like experience speaking. [:D][;)]
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gonna try to poke one! Wont get alot of time in the woods but I'm hopin to get lucky when I do get out. Thinkin about using my recurve instead of the Mathews!?! We have alot of them "wild chickens" here in Ohi[:D]